Contributor

Re: Is it rude to ask visitors to take off shoes at the door if circumstances warrant it?

Hawaii, which is part of the United States and their residents do wear SHOES!! I don't know where you lived in Hawaii or when but your statement is very ignorant. I suggest you call Hawaii and ask if their residents wear shoes. You act like they are in a poverty stricken part of the world.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is it rude to ask visitors to take off shoes at the door if circumstances warrant it?

I don't find it rude at all. If you don't want to ask, put a nice door mat by the door so they can wipe their feet.

Super Contributor

I think it is rude. I would not remove my shoes even if asked. I suggest getting a good entrance rug outside and inside the door as well as tile inside the door.
Honored Contributor

To the posters who have flatly stated they do not allow shoes to be worn in their house, period, that's it - would you refuse entrance to a guest who has orthopedic issues such that they wear special shoes, and going without those shoes and/or going without shoes is very painful for them? Would you expect them to abide by your rules and be in pain during their visit as well as unable to get up and walk around, even to the bathroom, without discomfort? Would you require a sworn affidavit from their physician? Just curious.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Of course not,that's ridiculous None of my family members have issues with their feet, so they do remove shoes{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

On 4/25/2015 fourpaws said:

Of course not,that's ridiculous None of my family members have issues with their feet, so they do remove shoes{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Yet you flatly stated "I don't allow shoes in my home." That would sound pretty definitive and final to most people. Certainly it would to potential guests.

Respected Contributor

I don't have guests

Trusted Contributor

"Upscale"? Your building sounds like a poorly maintained slum. Where is your condo association? Do you have meetings? Who is supposed to maintain the common areas? Do you pay condo fees? If the condo association isn't cleaning and maintaining common areas, how do you know they're paying insurance premiums or doing crucial structural maintenance?

You and the other residents have much more serious issues than whether guests take off their shoes when they visit! You need to get together and demand action.

Respected Contributor

On 4/25/2015 GoodStuff said:

"Upscale"? Your building sounds like a poorly maintained slum. Where is your condo association? Do you have meetings? Who is supposed to maintain the common areas? Do you pay condo fees? If the condo association isn't cleaning and maintaining common areas, how do you know they're paying insurance premiums or doing crucial structural maintenance?

You and the other residents have much more serious issues than whether guests take off their shoes when they visit! You need to get together and demand action.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 4/25/2015 fourpaws said:

I don't have guests

What a surprise.