Super Contributor

Just got the InsideQ in my email. Looked at the March shows. There are a lot of Ellen shows and only a couple of Valerie shows. I hope they are not pushing Valerie to the way side.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it Ellen vs. Valerie?

I don't think that is ready to happen yet.

I think the Ellen line is more modern, younger, and they are looking to appeal to a different customer base with her things. Most of Valerie's line is more classic and formal (although not always).

And I noticed during Christmas, that much of the Ellen stuff was being manufactured by old stand by companies already at Q, like Berkshire blanket, so I don't think the biggest quantity of the Ellen line is really anything more than her stamp/name/design on some products they already carry.

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't feel like Ellen fits into the Q...shoppers....not sure why...I seen her a couple of times last year and it seemed awkward....the Q. didn't give her much air time during the holidays despite she had several Christmas products....(maybe I just didn't know about the other shows)...

I doubt they will push Val out.....she usually does some spring stuff and then isn't back till Christmas time anyway....

Valued Contributor

No way will ELLen sell more to me. I bought her candles and am very disappointed in them. They smelled good in the box and the box and glasses were nice, but no scent while burning them. I may have gotten burnt enough to not buy her products again.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Trusted Contributor

I think Valerie will always be around selling the more traditional items and some more modern ones, too. I know that many aren't fond of her Mercury glass products, but I believe that they have helped to expand her circle of customers. Ellen's style is tough to describe. I wouldn't necessarily call it modern, as I have a modern sense of style, and I haven't purchased any of her products or identify with her product line. I would call it "Southern California Chic" if I had to label it. Considering the success of Lisa Robertson's Christmas decor shows last year, I wish they would introduce some more modern decor options. Her products were definitely on the modern side, so I think there may be some customers out there who would buy those types of products. Alberti would be a good host for this kind of show.
Honored Contributor

I like Ellen a lot, but man, she sure does seem to be spreading herself way too thin! She's got her own show. She has a show on HGTV. She has countless products with her name on it. She's a cosmetics model. She's got a couple of different product lines on QVC. And probably more things that I've forgotten! How does someone find the time to do all that???She is one successful lady!!!!!

Honored Contributor

If there's one area where the Q could stand to add SEVERAL new lines (and frankly, there are MANY areas) it's home decor... Valerie is fine, but really, they could do SO much more for those of us interested in decoration and design.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 nomar said:

No way will ELLen sell more to me. I bought her candles and am very disappointed in them. They smelled good in the box and the box and glasses were nice, but no scent while burning them. I may have gotten burnt enough to not buy her products again.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Good to know, as I prefer unscented candles...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I am actually glad they have Ellen plus Valerie. I tend to like Val's items more but it is nice to see variety.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I love Ellen's talk show.

I have absolutely no interest in her ""design show"" on HGTV or her items on qvc.