Honored Contributor

Re: Is it Ellen vs. Valerie?

I totally appreciate Valerie's talent in choosing the items she brings for us to buy on QVC. She has a good eye, and because of QVC's buying power, she gets good prices. We have several items from Christmas in July from the last few years and they are of good quality and were great values. I look forward to Valerie's Christmas in July items! Even though I am cranky about QVC's new return policy, I will tune in next summer to see what Valerie brings! Smile

I was not impressed with Ellen's QVC items and saw nothing to buy. I also didn't like Ellen trying to make jokes out of the items. And all of this is coming from someone who likes Ellen and her show! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Trusted Contributor

The only item that I like from Ellen's newest collection is the set of 3 Fruit Illuminaries which were just posted. H204902 is the item number.
Respected Contributor

I purchased 2 sets of Ellen's gift bags at Chrismas time and loved them. They were unique and NOT the usual Santa, reindeer and snowman designed for children. Ellen's were suitable for older children, teens and adults.
Super Contributor

ED is a flash in the pan

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I bought two of her flocked garlands, and the battery operated timers were still going strong as of yesterday, two and a half months later, now removed to be stored.

Honored Contributor

Promoting a bigger name is just Parr for the course.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/16/2015 champagnepoodle said:

ED is a flash in the pan

I thought so too, especially considering that most of her products from the last presentation have very few reviews. However, she's back on Thursday night, and the new stuff doesn't look any better than the old. Considering how Martha Stewart went after Gwyneth Paltrow for trying to be a lifestyle expert, I'm surprised she hasn't chimed in on Ellen's new ventures.
Esteemed Contributor

I can just see it now, one of QVC's cheesy promos, with Valerie and Ellen all set to battle it out, boxing gloves and all. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I think there's room for both of them and many more, but Q doesn't seem to be too interested in pushing a huge assortment of home decor anymore. I don't see much on the other shopping channels either.

Many of Ellen's items have already gone to clearance, which is good for the customer so I'm not complaining, but it isn't something that happens so quickly with Valerie's items, or flameless candles, usually.