Honored Contributor

Is green having a moment, or is it just advertisers?

I get email from several clothing, furniture, and other "decor" stores and companies, as some of you also probably do.

Lately, several of them seem to be highlighting green as a go-to color. 

What's interesting (to me, anyway) is that even before I began to receive those advertising messages, I was drawn to green myself. I placed a green tablecloth on my kitchen table (where I'd had yellow for YEARS), ordered some green and/or shamrock china/stoneware, and focused on other green items.

Whether green is trending or not, do you find yourselve drawn to any particular color at different times in your lives?

(I realize this question doesn't quite match the thread title. I know you all can handle it!)

🎨

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Is green having a moment, or is it just advertisers?

I don't know about green but I wish it would go away.  Green, especially olive tones, is my least favorite color.  It's great in nature; trees, grass and such, but in clothing and home decor a big "no".

I've been hung up in shades of turquoise for years.  Even the exterior trim on my house is turquoise.  I love the stone and love the color, especially the saturated hues.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have definitely been drawn to green this year. 

I've always liked it but got a forest green parka and some Linea separates, dark green jeans, green accents in the kitchen and home (of course always have loved Majolica leaf dishes), and when I saw the Dooney smooth leather Ashton tote in IVY I had ordered it before I came to my senses knowing I have a more than adequate Dooney collection.

Then there's Loden, got that too, coat, blouse, pants, etc.

I'm not fond of emerald green but most others including chartreuse I love.

The Dooney Ivy is a beautiful med. cool green and I love it.  It goes with everything. 

I also am wearing more jewelry with green stones, etc.  I thought it was just me.  Is this subliminal marketing???

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't say that my color choices have changed much during my life.  I've always been drawn to blues, reds, and yellows.   I seem to choose those colors in both my home decor and also my clothing choices.   

My skin coloring is very fair so any neutral colors in clothing like beige, tan or brown really drain all of the color from my face.

In my home I need bright colors to energize me and brighten my spirits.  The only room in our house that has a neutral paint color is our living room.   I've used the paint colors of soft blues and yellows in the rest of the rooms.

I've never really been drawn to the color green except in small amounts like a decorative item such as a candle or a dish.   

Honored Contributor

Blue based green, found in the basic set of Crayola crayons was predicted to be on the market.  Green (encompassing all tones but leaning toward blue based green) was I D'd by Pantone.

Honored Contributor

Green.....like Treasury Ink......???????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Green is great for plants, grass and trees, and shamrocks. Other than maybe a green Tee shirt on St. Patricks Day I have no use for the color green. Oh wait, green money is an exception that I like very much. 

Honored Contributor

I love almost all shades of green and always have. If it's having a moment it's well deserved and long overdue... That said, every time green is hyped as being 'now' I still see very little of it out at retail... As for color, I do go through periods where I'll highlight a specific color and change from time to time. As for decor, I tend to manage my fickleness with accessories, which keeps it a little more manageable... As for clothing, I buy very little new, relying on rotation of colors I already have...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just saw an ad on HGTV for La-Z-boy and the walls were the cool mid tone green of my Dooney Ashton tote, below.  It is a bit warmer green than this photo from QVC shows, just a bit.  I loved how this green looked as wall color, but I tend to like lighter more airy shades on walls,  even though deeper tones are very appealing.

From now on I shall be on the lookout for greens....everywhere!Dooney & Bourke Smooth Leather Small Ashton Tote - A373005

Respected Contributor

The only greens that draw my attention are usually a sea green, seagrass, etc.

I have worn olive tones late fall thru winter.  However, my usual go color is blue .. always have & always will.