Honored Contributor

Is anyone shopping for 2021 calendars yet?

[ Edited ]

I usually start looking about this time of year.

One of my staples is the Farmers' Almanac Gardening calendar.

Anyone else on the hunt for a good wall calendar? Do you have favorite subjects? Cottage, sailing, gardens, pets, fashion, etc.?

ETA: A pretty calendar makes me happy. It's not just functional (for me). Clearly, this is very individual to each of us.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone shopping for 2021 calendars yet?

I used to love animal, or beautiful landscape calendars. As I've gotten older and my eyesight isn't what it used to be, I go for Big Grid versions.

I fill in those grids with everything, too. My calendar becomes a mini diary. I'll be looking for my next one soon.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy calendars.  Starting the 1st week in November, banks in my neck of the woods gives out FREE x-large calendars you can write a novel within the daily blocks.  Those are great wall & fridge hangers.

Chinese restaurants & stores gives out FREE calendars.

Funeral parlors will send theirs through snail mail. Smiley Very Happy

I gather a collection, keep what I want, give some w/holiday gift & the left overs I leave downstairs in the lobby for anyone who needs them.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Charities start sending them out the beginning of June.  I've already collected 4 or 5.

Honored Contributor

Not yet.  I prefer to get a free calendar from someplace. Failing that, I start looking in March-April of the new year when they're deeply discounted.

Honored Contributor

I buy one for my kitchen every year. I like folk art calendars, and Amazon has many to choose from.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I no longer need to purchase a calendar.  Each year, the management office of our senior complex gives us a free calendar.  For each month there is scenery according to the time of year.  I hang it on my cork bulletin board in my kitchen.  I bet your gardening calendar is lovely.  When I did buy calendars they were always "cats."

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

No many places give them out anymore. They seem to think everyone uses their phone. I like to have one hanging up to write my appts. down.

Respected Contributor

Every year I order a beautiful calendar and day planner from Greyhound Rescue.  

Calendar big enough to write appointments on if necessary but day planner the best.

Beautiful pics from owners all over world of greyhounds that have been rescued - look forward to it every year.  

Brightens up my kitchen wall lovely to look at and it helps out this rescue cause .

Honored Contributor

I have really enjoyed my Maxine calendar!

She's a hoot!!!Smiley Happy

Maxine™ You Made the Cut Funny Birthday Card for Friend - Greeting ...