Valued Contributor

I've read a few articles over the last couple of years that refer to blue, especially dark blues, as the new black.  Blue is considered warmer than black or gray.  Dark blues like navy and midmight are as bold as black but more versatile.  What do you think?

Room, Living room, Furniture, Interior design, Blue, Wall, Property, Couch, Home, Building,

14. Navy Bedroom With White Wooden Ceilings 

17. Navy Blue and Pink Bedroom Design

blue living room in Modern farmhouse

monochromatic simple small living room in blue

Navy Blue Family Room by Walsh Hill Design

Navy and white two story living room renovation by J. Schoenberger Design

Stylish navy blue living room

Navy Bathroom Decorating Ideas: White subway tile, navy blue painted walls, marble hex tile floor & pedestal sink

Navy Bathroom Decorating Ideas: Deep Navy Blue Vanity Cabinet with Cement tile floor, Gold accent mirror and light fixture. By Amy Bartlam

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Dark Blue the New Black?

I'd rather have the blue than the black color theme in my home. Can live with all except  photo #12

Honored Contributor

I like it all except #11 has too much blue.

I wear navy all the time.

We are going to be remodeling our kitchen soon hopefully.

I like the color of those cabinets which I'm debating on. Not sure what I want yet.

Respected Contributor

I like the usage of the blues in these photos, even though, for me, I'm still a hopelessly devoted to whites and ivories girl for walls...

That said, I'd totally do a little coastal bathroom like that~it's really perfection. Love the window shade. 

In little accent rooms I'd have less problem doing a fun color scheme. My main rooms I've just always loved soft whites.

Again...not my style but, just colorwise, I do love that Mediterranean Blue with mauves and pinks in #9.

Valued Contributor

Number 9 caught my eye when I was looking at pictures.  It has a moody feel to it.

Esteemed Contributor

It has been decades since blues and brass/ gold have had their moment.

They are back. A logical step following the years of grays.

Occasional Contributor

I really like the dark blue kitchen! I have a white kitchen, like everyone else, lol. FWIW, I think accent walls are dated and I'd be nervous to have 4 walls dark blue. But the furniture and cabinets are beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I like it all except #11 has too much blue.

I wear navy all the time.

We are going to be remodeling our kitchen soon hopefully.

I like the color of those cabinets which I'm debating on. Not sure what I want yet.

@Nightowlz   I like the cabinets also.  You have a big decision to make, I wish you luck.

Honored Contributor

I love the blue! I have a dark blue and cream bathroom, and it is so pretty! # 11 is a little much, but the rest are so pretty!

Honored Contributor

I Love it. I gravitate towards blues. I just don't like a bright gaudy blue.

I like cream/off white with accents of black in a home but not too much black. I like the contrast and interest it gives the room.