Honored Contributor

Right now in my house, our rooms are all different colors, but I can certainly see how a beautiful beige throughout would look very nice. I prefer warmer tone colors......

I actually could be fine with either look, with all the same color, you can decorate and add color as you wish which is nice as well. 

Maybe give it a try, with something like paint you can always change it! 

Honored Contributor

@spot555, that's neat that you found that site "Kylie M Interiors".  I go to her site all the time, just to read her reviews of various paint colors, and where she thinks they work best, what coordinates with them, etc.  She has an encyclopedic knowledge of Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams shades, and is very entertaining to read to boot!

She knows an enormous amount about various counter surfaces as well, for all price ranges and style preferences...

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@spot555, that's neat that you found that site "Kylie M Interiors".  I go to her site all the time, just to read her reviews of various paint colors, and where she thinks they work best, what coordinates with them, etc.  She has an encyclopedic knowledge of Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams shades, and is very entertaining to read to boot!

She knows an enormous amount about various counter surfaces as well, for all price ranges and style preferences...

I really liked how she broke down the paint colors I was interested in. I've never been to another site that both explained & showed the colors I was interested in. I had no idea what LRV was, & she explains it well. That alone helps me in choosing a color. 

Btw, I decided on Ben Moore "Stone House" for my living/dining rooms. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@NickNack...I have a lot of paint stored in large glass jars....it keeps really well when stored in that manner.  I either have the paint store give me two labels whe they label my can or I rewrite the color numbers and tape it to the glass jar.

I will have to take a look at those paint colors.  I want to repaint our master bedroom in a beige color before we have new capret installed in the spring.

Respected Contributor

I like the idea of one color.  In my old house in California, it was all one color.  That house was 1500 square feet and all walls in every room were the same color, soft white.  I moved into a 3 story 7500 square foot home where the previous owner really loved color!  On the main floor alone there are 10 colors (not including the powder room and bedroom with bathroom on main floor...that would make it 13 colors!  Her trend continued on the top floor where the bedrooms are.  We remodeled all the bathrooms and in the process painted every bedroom and bathroom.  Our plan is to paint the main floor one neutral color.  I can't wait.