Valued Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@Evie2004  With the "open concept" such a popular design over the years, it's almost been a must to paint the walls similar, if not the same, color. Our home was built in the 60's, so it isn't open concept, but when we moved in, we knocked walls out to become more so. My color pallet is not the same in each room; however, the theme (earth tones) is throughout the home. I'm 72 and still do home improvement and after the holidays intend to repaint our bedroom and hall bath, but will stick with warm earth tones.

Valued Contributor

@Evie2004 wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@Evie2004  With the "open concept" such a popular design over the years, it's almost been a must to paint the walls similar, if not the same, color. Our home was built in the 60's, so it isn't open concept, but when we moved in, we knocked walls out to become more so. My color pallet is not the same in each room; however, the theme (earth tones) is throughout the home. I'm 72 and still do home improvement and after the holidays intend to repaint our bedroom and hall bath, but will stick with warm earth tones.

@two peas, our home is almost 40 years old, it is fairly contemporary, for its age..all on one floor. I  think the same color will really make it seem more "open"..looking forward to a change..

next challenge will be replacing 3 bedroom's carpeting..how do you manage moving all that furniture out during that process?

Have fun with your upcoming projects!  

Valued Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Another vote for one neutral color throughout. My entire house is Killian Beige from Sherwin Williams, the ceilings are desert white - which is just a very pale ecru- color to accent the moldings and woodwork which is all white.Our home is open concept and even the bedrooms are partially visible from the main rooms so I like the one constant color throughout. It also makes a small home feel larger.

We did choose that color, Kilim beige, for all areas, keeping our sage green master bedroom, I think it will tie things together & we love the shade..we actually got a sample & painted a small area behind our sofa, just to see if we liked it..we did! 

Honored Contributor

@Evie2004  Our builder had color "packages" they offered - ivory - beige - green etc. The most popular choice was the beige.People have actually come to our home and commented that they liked the color.It has been a standard with Sherwin Williams for years.If you have crown molding , consider using the dessert white for your ceilings. It is a very light ecru that goes perfectly with the beige and is off white just enough to make the white crown molding pop.Most of our furniture is antique red oak that looks very nice against this color.My upholstered furniture is oxblood color and looks VERY nice with it.Your gonna love it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Evie2004 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Another vote for one neutral color throughout. My entire house is Killian Beige from Sherwin Williams, the ceilings are desert white - which is just a very pale ecru- color to accent the moldings and woodwork which is all white.Our home is open concept and even the bedrooms are partially visible from the main rooms so I like the one constant color throughout. It also makes a small home feel larger.

We did choose that color, Kilim beige, for all areas, keeping our sage green master bedroom, I think it will tie things together & we love the shade..we actually got a sample & painted a small area behind our sofa, just to see if we liked it..we did! 

I must check this color out as I'm going to paint my hallway and foyer.  I have sage in my bedroom as well.  Right now I have yellow in the hall and will either stay in that  color family or go with a beige.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Evie2004  Our builder had color "packages" they offered - ivory - beige - green etc. The most popular choice was the beige.People have actually come to our home and commented that they liked the color.It has been a standard with Sherwin Williams for years.If you have crown molding , consider using the dessert white for your ceilings. It is a very light ecru that goes perfectly with the beige and is off white just enough to make the white crown molding pop.Most of our furniture is antique red oak that looks very nice against this color.My upholstered furniture is oxblood color and looks VERY nice with it.Your gonna love it!

Now that's my kind of color palette....sounds beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Now that's my kind of color palette....sounds beautiful!

Thank you - we like it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Interior painting

[ Edited ]

I just looked at another BMoore neutral called "Stone House". It looks like a very nice mid-tone color....a bit lighter & more reflective than "Lenox Tan", but still has depth. 

They refer to it as cafe au lait mixed with toasted almonds. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Having just picked up paint chips, Sherwin Williams has some great colors in the beige family.

Respected Contributor

I'm in the minority i know, but I'll pass on the same wall color through out the house.  Same color through out is very boring and sterile to me.  I love color.  Each room should have its' own personality. I guess that is why I don't care for open concept homes either.  Love older homes. Grays, blues, green,purple, light yellow, and most recently a milk chocolate brown are the colors I used in my home (an 11 room Farmhouse). Plus it is just fun, the colors make me smile.