Esteemed Contributor

Interior paint color - advice on greige

bedroom with seating area

We're in the process of selecting interior paint for main level of home. Open concept. Polished casual decor with a vintage coastal guest room and a modern farmhouse dining room. Thinking about gray/green in this photo for bedroom, mbath and laundry room. The rest of the house to be greige - combo beige & gray to work with both warm and cool decor. Does anyone have greige walls? If so, please give me your review. Thank you.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Re: Interior paint color - advice on greige

[ Edited ]

This is timely for me...we just had our spare room painted a few months ago...I wanted Greige....well it ended up more a green/grey....it’s a hard color to get right, but if u can it’s gorgeous ...good luck

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

Sherwin Williams "agreeable grey" the perfect combo of beige anf grey. I have it on most of my walls.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Regular Contributor

Need to factor in the natural light coming in from your windows in each room.  In my foyer, stairwell and upstairs hallway, the colors I selected show more beige in the foyer (north side of the house), upstairs hall which doesn't have windows, but light from north facing bedroom and south facing bathroom, it is a darker looking shade of beige than the foyer.  In our kitchen and eating area, south facing windows, the color reads more gray most of the day.  The floor in that room is also shades of gray.  I would recommend purchasing one or two of those large foam art boards from an arts and craft store.  Also purchase paint samples from the paint store you plan on using and paint large blocks of color on your board/boards.  That is what I did and moved them around in the different rooms at different times of the day.  It gave me a better idea of how the colors would work in each different area.  Hope this suggestion helps.  

Honored Contributor

I like it!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Our finished, walkout basement was just painted a cool, light gray with painted, white wood. Big TV and reclining, medium gray furniture. Husband's choices and his special space. Upstairs is more warm decor, with pops of red and deep copper in kitchen area. I'll explore vaious shades of greige. High ceilings and several windows with wooden blinds only, so the comment about light coming in makes sense. We moved into a home with primarily white walls and it was time for more warmth. Glad to know so many are familiar with greige. Thank you.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I really like the color in the picture.  I think it will work well.

Respected Contributor

SW#6073 Perfect greige.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful color that could easily be found in a garden.  You'll find a large number of colors that work with your color.  Think of leaves and colors of flowers.

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake Love the colors you chose....my home is slightly varing shades of greige and I love it.  The shades are inviting and are a soft/subtle grey-beige.  It was a long process to select the colors....lots of samples swatched on the walls in every room.  As someone else stated, the color can vary depending on the light.