Respected Contributor

Re: Interesting "musty/smell" found it🙄😳floral arrangements

I helped my mother do some deep cleaning. Took everything off the walls, and when I saw the amount of dust and webs in her artificial swags, it was disgusting. If one lives in a humid climate I imagine it’s worse for mold problems. She said to toss them, and that also cleared up her sinus problem. She was sleeping directly under one of the worst dust collectors.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1, glad you found the culprit.  I really dislike fake plants.  Dust collectors for sure.  Never thought about musty as well!  I would be like you, hunting the smell down til I found it.  LM

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 So glad you found the smell. Doesn't that just drive you crazy? Sometimes I go around sniffing everything and my husband thinks I am nuts but I have to find it and I almost always do. Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Back in the late 90s dried floral arrangements were kind of the neat thing to decorate with.  I had picked up some gorgeous ones at our yearly craft and arts festival. Aside from the dust that kept accumulating and trying to keep clean, I noticed that I didn’t like the smell of the ones that had the baby blue eucalyptus in them. They had an awfully strong scent. 

In my new home now, my decorating style is totally opposite. No dried florals. 

Respected Contributor

I can relate. I need the house to smell clean, especially the bathroom.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@queendiva  Omg!  That is terrible with the sub floor!    I don't think it's anything like that as we built the house and hubby is a complete maniac as far as anything leaking and he sprays for ants every spring.   We are out in the woods and they are abundant.   I am on a mission now though to find the smell source........I checked my silk arrangements and nothing.   It sometimes seems to be lessoning, though.    I'm now wondering if it could have been some old cheese I disposed of?????    Oh well, still working on it.