Honored Contributor

Interesting Pantry Enclosure

What do you think of this?

Respected Contributor

Re: Interesting Pantry Enclosure

That is interesting! I’m not a huge fan of country decor, but these doors are becoming more and more popular. In this case, they’re great for a room where there isn’t enough space for a regular door or even a pocket door. I also like the brightness of the room.

Honored Contributor

Love it!!

Respected Contributor

I do think those doors have a purpose as another poster has put forth.  I just hope people realize those doors don't really shut like others or secure as expected. Also like using cheap parts, I imagine that if you use a cheap version of this door it would fall off and become a pain in the behind.  I do like the chair and overall affect. 

Respected Contributor

Going Back to a Coffee Percolator

I have one that I bought back in college, 2000, that is used on the stove, gas at the time.  At that time I had a 4c drip machine and wanted to try a different brewing method since I had been exposed to different kinds and forms of coffee being in a bigger city, especially since I had been to my first Starbucks and had stronger coffee.  I also had started drinking it black without sugar for quality coffee.

I later got a ceramic percolator from the 50s from eBay since I didn't want a modern one that got such poor reviews.  Mine was ceramic, floral print with a cloth wrapped cord.  I still use it based on my mood.  I keep the stove top one for use on the grill during hurricanes and power outages.  I also have a Keurig and Ninja coffee bar with the frother.  I used the Ninja this morning to brew and froth some chocolate creamer for a mocha latte.  I also mixed in some dark hot chocolate mix to my Sumatran coffee.  Lovely!  I'm about to be off for another cup since I was up around 2 am with my lower back aching like mad.  I think I pulled a muscle going under the house to get to the puppies that my neighbors abandoned.  Luckily I found a rescue that took them in.  Unfortunately, I'm not home enough for a dog to be treated the way they deserve.  Cats are much happier left alone all day.  The parrot keeps them company or they he.

Honored Contributor

It’s definitely a statement piece.

I’ve seen these doors in more rustic designs so seeing it

in a clean, almost minimalistic, space doesn’t jive.

Maybe if it was white I would be all over it! 

Honored Contributor

I love the idea sliding barn doors----in the right place . they can be very rustic and heavy looking or very sleek and modern. Good use of space as opposed to a swinging door. I would use them for many applications if I could.

Honored Contributor

Using a barn door in the right space is a nice feature.

Honored Contributor

Re: Going Back to a Coffee Percolator

Don't know how this happened, your post for the percolator ended up in the pantry door thread.    It's not your error.    Your heading is correct, so obviously you posted on the correct thread.   Or maybe it's my computer??

@Tigriss wrote:

I have one that I bought back in college, 2000, that is used on the stove, gas at the time.  At that time I had a 4c drip machine and wanted to try a different brewing method since I had been exposed to different kinds and forms of coffee being in a bigger city, especially since I had been to my first Starbucks and had stronger coffee.  I also had started drinking it black without sugar for quality coffee.

I later got a ceramic percolator from the 50s from eBay since I didn't want a modern one that got such poor reviews.  Mine was ceramic, floral print with a cloth wrapped cord.  I still use it based on my mood.  I keep the stove top one for use on the grill during hurricanes and power outages.  I also have a Keurig and Ninja coffee bar with the frother.  I used the Ninja this morning to brew and froth some chocolate creamer for a mocha latte.  I also mixed in some dark hot chocolate mix to my Sumatran coffee.  Lovely!  I'm about to be off for another cup since I was up around 2 am with my lower back aching like mad.  I think I pulled a muscle going under the house to get to the puppies that my neighbors abandoned.  Luckily I found a rescue that took them in.  Unfortunately, I'm not home enough for a dog to be treated the way they deserve.  Cats are much happier left alone all day.  The parrot keeps them company or they he.

Honored Contributor

The whole room is aesthetically unpleasing to me..... I'm sure there will be those who love it.