Respected Contributor

Re: Instant Hot Water under sink system--ever had one?

@Sooner :  Yes, I love my instant hot. Had it included when house was built.

Honored Contributor

Yes I had one for years--put one in the house I built in 1986 and used that thing for years--Mine you had to twist the top of it and eventually that broke---stupid ex husband NEVER fixed it or replaced it even when he had a brand new one in his garage--I would get a lever one. 

Honored Contributor

I never wanted one because it is not boiling, I like my tea with boiling eater, I use a kettle and when something calls for boiling water I want it boiling. 

Respected Contributor

We have an instant hot water system in our kitchen....love it. 

Respected Contributor

My parents have had one for 40 years.  I think they are on their second replacement.  As others have said, hard water eventually kills them.  My mother who drinks a lot of hot tea uses the hot water to steep her tea, then sticks the cup in the microwave to heat it up further.  I don't understand her process, but I'm not a hot tea drinker.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I've been looking into them.  Had an electrician out who said we needed a plumber.  Then the plumber said we needed an electrician.  Can't seem to get an answer what is needed to install and how difficult it would be.

@ScrapHappy Don't you hate that?????  We've been trying to get a new vent in the kitchen, run into all sorts of issues!  

That has been the story with this house for 6 years.  Nothing is ever straight forward or easy.  All I want to do is replace kitchen faucets.  I have two kitchen sinks (Shaw apron sinks) and one small bar"pre sink on an island.  The faucets on the apron sinks are 5 piece widespread pieces and the bar/pre is 3.  In order to cover all the holes, I need different pieces and more of them and thought instant hot would be a good idea.  Even if we cover 3 of the holes with a deck plate, I still hae 2 holes to contend with.

@ScrapHappy I have gone on the Delta web site and got a very expensive faucet that was reconditioned.  Our old reliable plumber said he wouldn't be afraid of that if it was FROM Delta.  I've had no problems with it.

And I called once and they were really helpful about a product.  Good luck--they do have some accessories like detergent dispensers that at least fill those holes--been there worried about that!