Honored Contributor

As part of our up coming renovation we will be painting much of the apt in neutral tone but my husband want white doors which I am not in favor of. would look a color slightly darker than the walls What are your thoughts. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I always have my interior doors painted white.  They help lighten interior hallways which can be dark and they just look clean and crisp.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

What color is your woodwork/trim?

Honored Contributor

My preference is to have doors match the trim.  I have white trim and white doors.  

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon we have no woodwork, unles i misundrstood what you mean

@faeriemoon wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Inside door color

[ Edited ]

Painted all my interior doors  same color as ceilings and  crown molding. Painted window trim and  baseboard a very light  taupe grey  color.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@I am still oxox You may have.  You must have trim (moulding) around the base of your walls and around the windows and doors.

Honored Contributor

In the last few years have been in the process of updating the house along with paint.  I started upstairs and this past summer we did the foyer which is a two story. 

All of the trim including the back of the front door is a fresh white color.  In the past we had several shades of white trim which was a pain if we needed to touch it up....silly I know!  This way we are more organized.

This summer I plan on having the kitchen & family room freshly painted and I will add molding around the windows along with new window treatments.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@I am still oxox You must have trim around all of the doors and at the bottom near the floor.  Otherwise it would look unfinished.  You might not have crown molding at the top (it's a perfect opportunity to add some now!) or around your windows.

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on the SIZE (sq ft) of your interior space.     If it is small, too many colors will make the space look "chopped up" and smaller  

♥Surface of the Sun♥