Respected Contributor

Re: Indoor water features. What say you?

Some of them are really nice.  More often seen in maybe an office type setting but in the right place in the right house can be pulled off.  But as someone who has had water issues in their house....nope.  I will always be worried about a problem with it like a leak.

Esteemed Contributor

I thnk they're all really nice but would prefer them outside rather than in.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

A friend has an indoor/outdoor fish pond.  They go in and out under the foundation.  Love to watch it.

@Still Raining 

Sounds really cool! 

@faeriemoon 

I like the idea a lot! Like others wondering about upkeep, leaks, and mold. I’d risk it if I had a place to put one. 

Honored Contributor

I love fountains outside but not in the house.  These are modern ideas and fit in modern homes as pictured.  This isn't my taste.

Honored Contributor

They certainly would increase the humidity in the house which could be a good thing or bad.  I wouldn't want anything that splashed as my small fountains have often done.  I've had to banish several to the outside due to potential damage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

As inviting as the calming sound of water is I would nix it for inside the home...... 

Maintenance, leaks, attraction for bugs/mosquitoes and those annoying gnats......

Now an outside solar fountain in a garden would be nice.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan other, perhaps, than in a public building.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

If I had an indoor water feature, I'd want a good one like those in the OP versus some of the little ones sold on QVC that they've pitched as an indoor or outdoor water feature. 

I think the sound of water can be relaxing, but investing in a pool would probably be my choice instead of adding a water feature.

Valued Contributor

I'm trying to picture my cats and their reactions to something inside like this. I have no doubt they would cause an issue. 

(I have to vaccuum daily due to long/shedding hair, I can just see me trying to fish that out of some of the bigger, pool type water features lol)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

No, thanks.