Respected Contributor

Re: Incorporating Plates and Platters into Decor

I do this.  I have an arrangement in the dining room of antique plates, and some in the kitchen that came from my grandmother.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I love decorative platters and plates but not on the wall. I'd make an exception for the doggies though. So cute!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm no a plate decorating person, however, I could make an exception for the dog plates.

Honored Contributor

I have 4 Syracuse plates, all different flower designs just around the perimeter. I use them for company when there are four of us out on the deck or patio. With flowers as a centerpiece it looks so pretty. I love using different plates for each person.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't currently have any plates displayed, but I have in the past. I like the look and tended to use either blue and white or solid white, though I've also used green majollica, other pretty majolica plates and chitzware. All are pretty alone or in combination. I've also used pretty saucers or salad plates. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for the picture posts, Lolakimona! Some of those arrangements are really lovely! I especially love the ones with the dogs.

I have Laurel Burch animal plates hanging in my kitchen. I always swore I would never clutter my kitchen walls with plates like so many of the kitchens I saw while growing up, but they do make the place look homey and give a nice pop of color.

Honored Contributor

Hanging plates isn't something I find attractive! I'm always astonished how different my decorating taste is from everyone else I read on these boards. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I used to collect vintage dishes in Gay fad pattern from Fire King. I still have some including 4 pretty white plates painted with the desert rose design (pink flowers) painted on them on a shelf in my kitchen. ITA with the person who said hanging plates in the kitchen gives a cozy look.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a few vintage plates incorporated into the display on my kitchen wall along with a conglomeration of artwork..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

These are pretty cute-

What no felines!!!!  (btw I do love all animals so Im not bashing the pups).Cat Wink................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”