Respected Contributor

I like it. The only thing I would do is remove the wire picture. The fire place with the chunky mantle piece is certainly striking It's sort of Medieval looking. I guess the high ceiling and the fire place remind me of it.

Esteemed Contributor

I know it's a large, 2-story room, but three large, oversized pieces is too much. Throws off the scale of everythiing.

Honored Contributor

I love everything except for the chandelier and the picture to the left of the fireplace. Other than that it is a lovely room!

Esteemed Contributor

I'd either have to change out the soft to something a little darker or put some color on the walls.  Other than that, I like the Great Room.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

It seems like a house that would have mountains on one side and the ocean on the other.  Perfect for an Airbnb. Very welcoming and would seem to me like a gateway to adventure. 🌄

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like the fireplace, wall color, and built-ins. From there it’s a redo for me. Not a fan of the light fixture, art, rug, accessories, or furniture. 

Honored Contributor

Most of this room's elements have little appeal for me... First off, I don't tend to like double height rooms. They often seem cold and austere to me. The lighting fixture isn't much to my taste. I don't like the chair in the foreground at all. The metal plate over the fireplace is just sort of blah. The sofa is just a bland neutral and that artwork does nothing for me... I do like the rug, the coffee table and what appear to be built-in credenzas... All that said, it just goes to show that so often with decor the whole is more than the sum of its parts because somehow and for some reason, this room comes together pretty nicely for me... Go figure...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Agree with other posters get rid of the light fixture and this room is beautiful.