Honored Contributor

In Memoriam: Owl Need Your Help With Something

@Bird mama

I am considering a purchase that I could use your (kind Cat Happy) opinions about.  I am not a bird person, and owls in particular can be a bit creepy.  That said, owls were something that my godmother collected, and I would like to honor her by sending my mother a statue/garden ornament that she can display in her yard.  My mom has an area that started as a pet cemetery, where the rainbow bridge lives on, and then it expanded when my father passed to include something that he would have liked in the garden.  This is in FL, so it needs to be resilient for the hot weather, humidity and possible storms.

I will post my considerations and I would like some help with choosing the one that you like best.  I'll give a bit of background about each piece so you can see why it appeals to me.

Of course, if you see something that you think would be better, I'm open to options.  

Honored Contributor

Re: In Memoriam: Owl Need Your Help With Something

1-

The house is tan with brown trim, so this guy doesn't clash with the exterior; he could be placed anywhere if she chooses to display him in an area other than the designated statue zone.

Honored Contributor

2-

These remind me of my aunt/godmother's place to where they retired.  It is set in the Lake Tahoe area and it is chock full of wood (think cabin in the woods).

I like that there are two of them, so if I bought both it could be the two sisters.  They were born 10 years apart, so one appears "older" to me.

The legs remind me of the woodstorks that pass through the backyard in FL.

Honored Contributor

3- 

I think this one looks the most ladylike, almost "wispy", and is the least creepy but most "owl-like" if that makes sense.

Honored Contributor

4-

I just thought this one was cute.  He has the wooden elements (except they're resin) that remind me of the cabin.

Honored Contributor

5-

These two remind me of big sister/little sister, and they would be durable to leave out all year without worrying about storms.

Honored Contributor

I like them all, but think I'd choose number two because of the 'two sisters' connection.

That would seem to have most meaning to me.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

5-

These two remind me of big sister/little sister, and they would be durable to leave out all year without worrying about storms.

Oh, wait, these posted at the same time I did. I like these best, for the two sister reason, and for the long lasting medium. They will hold up better than the wood.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono

Hi Smiley Happy

I am not the one you posted to, but I found a gorgeous one! It is at Wayfair . The name is 

Merrie Little Owl Statue by Campania International . It is $89.

It weighs 14 lbs and is made of cast stone. 

gardenowl.jpg

I LOVE owls! Smiley Happy
We just saw THREE huge ones the other night! We heard really loud noises outside our bedroom window, and when we looked out, we saw 2 HUGE ones in our pine tree! And the other one was in a tree next door. They made the strangest sounds....I have heard owls before, but NOT this loud! We saw them fly off. WOW, they were so BIG! Really cool to see, considering we are in a city....not out in the country. Cool!

_______

EDITED: @lolakimono
Oooops! I guess I misread your post! I thought you said you wanted a garden owl for the pet cemetery area she has on her property.  So sorry!

I LOVE all of the other owl statues posted! MUCH more modern, more FUN....not so serious/somber (as the one I posted) . Those other owl statues are gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

I like #5.

The stone reminds me of a stone grave marker,

especially since this is a 'In Memoriam' piece.

The ones in color seems a pinch too decorative, IMO.

What a lovely idea, @lolakimono!