Honored Contributor

Re: If you were building a new house - what would you want in it ?

@ccassaday wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Has anyone mentioned his n' her closets? When I look at floor plans, some have them and I like that idea.

We have these in our current house and we absolutely love them.He can keep his the unholy mess he loves and mine stays nice and neat.

This made me laugh. My mom said she wanted his and her closets for the same reason. But they ended up not getting it in the new house. It will just be one big walk in.

@ccassaday  That could work, her side, three quarters, his side one quarter.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Has anyone mentioned his n' her closets? When I look at floor plans, some have them and I like that idea.

We have these in our current house and we absolutely love them.He can keep his the unholy mess he loves and mine stays nice and neat.

This made me laugh. My mom said she wanted his and her closets for the same reason. But they ended up not getting it in the new house. It will just be one big walk in.

@ccassaday  That could work, her side, three quarters, his side one quarter.Smiley Happy

It ended up working out because he will have the basement to store his stuff. Plus she is going to let him decorate the den with some stuff. He hoards everything.  He has kept all these tshirts with the company he worked fors name. Tire gauges because he worked in a tire plant. They have seperate closets at our current house. She gets the small walk in he gets the regular closet.

Honored Contributor

Fantasy home, money no object? Okay, here I go. Lol
All one level, large open concept kitchen, dining area, living room. Laundry area with sink combined with mud room off of kitchen. 8-10 foot ceilings, 2 split master bedrooms with ensuites and walk in closets in both with tubs and separate showers, and a powder room off main living area. Wrap around porch with screened in porch in back. Kitchen would have a pantry, lots of cabinets and an island, also a desk with computer/printer. Windows everywhere. Attached 2 + car garage with a workshop for hubby and gardening shed for me. Medium sized yard that is level and with beautiful landscaping that was thought out to not create a constant mess. A pretty view and privacy from super close neighbors. I'm sure there is more, but I'd be over the moon with this.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Many windows, high-output gas range, pantry, built in fridge, ice maker, charging outlets, office, three car garage, good laundry room.