Respected Contributor

Re: If you've had cleaning people what was......

My cleaning lady comes every month and she cleans all three floors from top to bottom. We have a 4200 square foot home. She charges $120.00 and I give her a $20 cash tip. In between I do the bathrooms, kitchen and whatever else needs done to keep things up. It is just my husband and myself so it works out pretty well.

Honored Contributor

I've had two ladies clean my house for about two years.  It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath 1200 sq. ft. house.  The first cleaning was a deep clean, and they charged $140.  Now the charge is $80.  They come every four weeks.  They didn't clean the walls and ceilings, but they did do the baseboards and inside windows.  They don't do them each time now, but do keep them up.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I am contemplating hiring someone to come in and clean part of my downstairs:  LR, DR, kitchen, powder room, vacuum and mop, and maybe the sunroom.

My suggestion is to post your questions on Nextdoor.  You will get good recommendations from people who have used the services and also the pricing.  You can also call The Maids and some of the others, and they usually have discounts.  If you get any of the mailers every month, they sometimes have coupons for cleaning.  I also know that Amazon has a cleaning service in some areas.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@Kitlynn @NickNack   I want to live where you guys live.  Those prices aren't bad.  I called one Maid place in the closest big city (35mi. 1 way).  They never called me back.

I clean well but I need someone like my Dad's Mother.  If you had to do emergency surgery on her floors there would be no fear of infection. lol  The woman was a cleaning maniac.

Honored Contributor

I have always enjoyed worked and have had the same business in my home for 35 years.  She was a local woman that started a business and now her daughter runs it.

Twice a month they dust and polish the antiques with lemon oil, vaccuum, change the sheets, mop, do the bathroom, clean the kitchen, and take out all of the garbage.  We have a two story with the master over the grateroom, and a large country kitchen.  The two bedrooms that are closed off are done monthly.  I now pay $100.00.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG   Ok, now I know I live in the wrong area. After reading some of these other prices for what I'm paying this place better shine when they are done. I want to be able to see every wrinkle on my face when I look at a surface.  lol   Oh God, I just scared myself.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@ECBG   Ok, now I know I live in the wrong area. After reading some of these other prices for what I'm paying this place better shine when they are done. I want to be able to see every wrinkle on my face when I look at a surface.  lol   Oh God, I just scared myself.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 You might look at Angie's List.  Those people have references.  They're entrepreneurs working for themselves.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Kitlynn @NickNack   I want to live where you guys live.  Those prices aren't bad.  I called one Maid place in the closest big city (35mi. 1 way).  They never called me back.

I clean well but I need someone like my Dad's Mother.  If you had to do emergency surgery on her floors there would be no fear of infection. lol  The woman was a cleaning maniac.

LOL I live in Arvada CO a suburb of Denver. My lady does an amazing job and has been cleaning for me for seven years. I am sort of a neat freak so I get the clean floors! LOL

Honored Contributor

sounds high to me.....we were not charged for an "initial cleaning."

each time they come it is the same charge unless i ask for extras.

all one level of our home.....all bedrooms, living room, dining room. 3 1/2 baths, kitchen, family room, sun room......$250. it is one woman and she comes every three weeks. it usually takes her about five hours.

our beach condo......they come whenever i need them so there is no set schedule. no upcharge for the initial cleaning. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, laundry room, kitchen, dining room, living room, balcony. they bring a crew of 3 - 4 and it takes maybe two hours maximum. they charge $160. they also do windows and deep cleaning of carpets for an additional charge.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I also think it sounds too high.  I just looked WAY back in my emails - our initial deep cleaning was $165 for 2 visits for an initial clean total of $330.  Ongoing regular cleaning every two weeks is $125/week - am in a metropolitan area.