Honored Contributor

Re: If you're into (the hobby of) coloring like I am now, how's it going for you?

The Secret Garden book is gorgeous.  I bought it at a craft store, but can't bring myself to color in it yet.  It's so pretty just as it is.  (By the way, it's also available from Amazon, I believe.) It's such a beautiful book.

Respected Contributor

Re: If you're into (the hobby of) coloring like I am now, how's it going for you?

Could anyone recommend pencils? I have a Michael's right near me and also a Staples.

Honored Contributor

@baker wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@TRUPHILLYLDY wrote:

As a holder of a fine arts degree from a very prestigious school, I thought something like this would certainly be beneath me!  I am retired now and not very stressed out these days but I don't do much of anything artistically anymore,just lazy ,I guess.  Well I saw an article about these adult coloring books and they looked really exciting.  In the old days I probably would want to be the book designer, but now I just want to  color someone else,s designs.  Told you I'm lazy.  Now I can't put the darn book down!  Wake up in the middle of the night plotting which colors to use on the next design.  I'm doing the mandala designs now, but am looking forward to my next book of Mehndi drawings.  They look like fun.  Also want to say that I like Crayola colored pencils better than the more expensive Prismacolor pencils.  Walmart has a box of 100 pencils for about  15 dollars.  The colors are great and go on very well. Have fun  with your new adventure!

I have a degree in art education and we were taught that coloring books stifled all creativity and should never be used.  My own son never owned a coloring book but he had reams of plain paper and all the coloring devices he could want or use.  I don't think I could bring myself to pick up a coloring book, no matter how finely detailed, and coloring within the lines.  I'd have to do something more creative than that. 

As as soon as I buy anything for my house, I immediately start plotting and planning how I can "personalize" it and make it "mine".  No object around here is just as it came from the store.  I don't hesitate buying something the wrong shape or color knowing I can fix it, and I have so much fun!

Well isn't that special!

Indeed it is.  Jealous?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There are alot of beautiful coloring books:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details