Respected Contributor

Re: If there was one thing you could…

I would get rid of the dishwasher, which I never use, and put more cabinets in the kitchen.  I have not removed the dishwasher because I was given advice that if I ever wanted to sell my condo not having a dishwasher would lower the asking price.

Honored Contributor

Easy one for me.  I would have used granite or some other stone counter tops when we built 15 years ago.  We had no HGTV or any other home shows where we used to live.  And our internet service was out of the dark ages.  So I was not familiar with new building trends at all.  I went with what I had known my entire life, formica.  It is supposed to look like marble.  Faux ugly marble.  I positively hate it.  

Valued Contributor

Absolutely NOTHING! I love every square inch, have everything I want & desire & it's in a color scheme I'm obsessed with! My kitchen is a 2 year old complete gut job remodel FYI.
Respected Contributor

I would love to have a larger refrigerator or a separate freezer.  All of my appliances are small by American standards, but lack of freezer space causes the greatest frustration for me.

Respected Contributor

Anyone with a flat top. Any suggestions.

Respected Contributor

I would have gone with a smaller kitchen sink.  I thought the large one we chose would be great for washing things like cookie sheets and large cooking racks.  After having it installed I realized that it took too much of the counter space.  I wish I had gone with the combination of a medium size sink with the smaller one on the side.  I believe they call them 70/30.  

Valued Contributor

@sometimesQVCaddict  You must have put a lot of thought and care into your new kitchen. Enjoy it! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in an apt.   I definitely need more kitchen cabinets (not enough storage).  I stopped using my dishwasher for storage.  I would also like a new ceiling light and new neutral floor  Oh, did I mention self cleaning oven.  I bought a toaster oven so I don't use my oven.  I am not getting on my hands and knees to clean an oven  I live in an older building but it is very clean just not up to date.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Update I am getting a new stove for Christmas!  Also some personal things. I will give big hints for those.

Valued Contributor

@Catiele  What a great gift! Enjoy your new stove!