Respected Contributor

A garage.  Neither of us has ever been without one but the house we are currently renting doesn't have one.   When we buy that is on the non negotiable list.   Must have.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

We live across from a mountain on a totally wooded lot.

I would love to have some flowers, but they need sunlight.

The periwinkle covering the drop off gives blooms in the spring.  The rest of what I have if fern and hosta.

I have allergies, DH only does the necessary.  He didn't grow up with a nice lawn, so you know where that puts me.

@ECBG 

My DH is the same way. Mowing the lawn is essential. Everything else isn’t. He’s not interested in weeding, trimming, gardens, or landscaping. On the rare occasion I go out to pull weeds or trim bushes my allergies & asthma flare up horribly. 

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

A garage.  Neither of us has ever been without one but the house we are currently renting doesn't have one.   When we buy that is on the non negotiable list.   Must have.

@Bridgegal 

Love our garage! So nice to have cars protected from weather and no more scraping frost or ice from the windshields! 

I grew up without a garage & lived in apartments so it wasn’t a big deal to me at first. When I got married my DH’s house had a garage. When we moved a couple years later, he told me in no uncertain terms that he would not look at any houses without garages.