Respected Contributor

A huge garage.

Respected Contributor

I would love to have a sun-room.   I dream of having a room where I could have all of my plants and lots of comfy furniture where I could sit and read during the winter months.

I also would love to have a big front porch with a swing or a glider where I could sit in the evening and just enjoy the night air.    When I was growing up my parents had that and I have such nice memories of sitting there with my mom when my dad worked the night shift.   In the summer months we'd often sit there way past midnight.  The neighborhood was safe and quite often we would see other neighbors doing the same.

Esteemed Contributor

To poof away all the gnats so I can sit out on my stone patio . I'd add  a big pool for my Husband & family

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

There is not a major change I would make to my yard or my home.  Having said that, I worked 15 years to get the yard the way I want it.  This is my retirement home and we planned long before we built it.  I make edits to the landscaping but they are minor.  We are blessed indeed and I thank God for that each and every day.  LM

PS @wilma , you can come and swing on my swings any time!

@Lilysmom 

Would love to! Your garden pics are always so beautiful & relaxing. 🌈

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

A brand new, very nice and expensive car in my driveway. That can count, right?

@Goldengate8361 

🤔 Whatever you want is fine with me. 😉

Respected Contributor

I really wanted a brick house.  Not red brick, more of the neutrals like tans, browns and creams.  We ended up with another stucco home but it does have some stone work to it but I really wanted brick.  We have a nice basement, but I wish it was a walkout to the pool.  And a master bedroom and bathroom on main floor would be nice.  Don't get me wrong, I really like my house....you just can't get everything you want in one unless you build it yourself.

Honored Contributor

A 6 ft. privacy fence on either side from the street to the end of the property.

We don't need it across the back because we back up onto county land that can't be built on.

Valued Contributor
Would like neighbor's leaning pine trees gone & I love trees but leaning toward our house..

We got a new deck - I love it.Small & not 2 ft.of ground but we love it.So if anyone wants one try a small one if you can.

Always wanted an inground pool.

Take care & stay safe.
Honored Contributor

We live across from a mountain on a totally wooded lot.

I would love to have some flowers, but they need sunlight.

The periwinkle covering the drop off gives blooms in the spring.  The rest of what I have if fern and hosta.

I have allergies, DH only does the necessary.  He didn't grow up with a nice lawn, so you know where that puts me.

Honored Contributor

A small front porch--to the one side of our entryway.  It was brought up when we were building and I poo poo'd the idea.

So now we're drawing up plans to have it done within the next year or so.

It's not something I have to have, but it's something we'd like. 

I didn't think I was a front porch kind of person---we've had enclosed front porches before. 

But every house on this street has one it seems.  Most are second level and ours would be also, so it's not like you're sitting in your front yard and John Q Public will walk by.  We're planting a large white crepe myrtle this weekend as I want to get the privacy and shade factor going now.

We do have a really large second story back deck that was my idea and we thank our lucky stars for it.  Morning, noon and night.