Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Sunroom and/or screen porch.   

--------

Absolutely @RedTop . Then you could invite those neighbors over for a barbeque. They could bring the incendiary devices😈.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG,

Oh yea, and they'd show up for sure!  

The boys have been unusually quiet this summer; only one visit from state police.   It goes without saying they have not cut the grass, hauled off any trash, replaced glass in the broken windows, or sawed up the tree they cut down that clipped the end of the trailer.   

The assessor and census taker asked us if anyone actually lives there; not sure if they actually went back after we said yes.   Mail carrier refuses to put mail in what's left of their mailbox; am guessing that was done by an ex-girlfriend!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If You Could....

[ Edited ]

There is not a major change I would make to my yard or my home.  Having said that, I worked 15 years to get the yard the way I want it.  This is my retirement home and we planned long before we built it.  I make edits to the landscaping but they are minor.  We are blessed indeed and I thank God for that each and every day.  LM

PS @wilma , you can come and swing on my swings any time!

Honored Contributor

I would love big beautiful HEALTHY and MATURE maple trees in the front yard.  We have removed about 50 dead trees in our yard the last five years, and we have virtually no shade trees on the property now. So we will be starting over, but hope I live here long enough to see them get somewhat mature.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio it must have been hard to lose all those trees.  I hope you have great success in your replacement plan.  LM

Respected Contributor

In my last house we had a large front porch that was covered with a roof.  I miss that espeically when packages are delivered in the rain.  I would also like a covering over my side door as sometimes packages are left there instead of the front door. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  I wish that I had added a screened-in part to my deck.  I just cannot tolerate mosquitos any more.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

A brand new, very nice and expensive car in my driveway. That can count, right?

Honored Contributor

I would love to have my outside entirely professionally landscaped.

Living on the water with salt air and wind makes it very difficult to maintain flowers or shrubs of any kind. 

My husband would like a large garage.

Trusted Contributor

A covered front porch that spans one half or more of the width of the front. We are on a hill and building such a porch would require major terracing of the lot in front and we'd also lose part of the semi-circle driveway.

So, next house perhaps...