Honored Contributor

Re: If I Could Have a "Blue Blue Christmas"

@jubilant -

It is such a pretty room.

When we had a bigger house, I would do the girls and our room in blues and silvers with pretty lights, like a fairytale winter; the living room in elegant whites and golds like a winter wonderland;

the family room in total Christmas red and green and some whimsical things there too, stockings, the children's stuffed animals, and the tree.

I really loved it all!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Maybe for winter decorating, but not for Christmas.

Warm it up with pink and other pastels for an Easter tree.  

I suppose it depends on what Christmas means to each one of us. 

There's a reason why red and green are Christmas colors.

It's supposed to be a warm, cheerful and happy holiday.  To me, these colors are too cold for this holiday. 

Esteemed Contributor

This room is so much prettier than a room decorated with all that tacky green and red. I hate Christmas decorations.

Esteemed Contributor

What a sweet, charming, and pretty room.  I really like this a lot -- and I'm not even a fan of blue, as a rule.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

It's a really pretty room. I like it a lot.

I never decorate with green and red together. I have always felt this two colors clashed.  I do like them seperately, but not together.

@Carmie.  They are complimentary colors on the color wheel and enhance each other.

Yes, I know that.  I have been told that many times, but to my eye, they look awful together.  I once was in a house that was decorated in red and green in almost every room including the kitchen.

That place gave me a headache.  I really, really, do not like those two colors together.

Honored Contributor

The room is pretty. Not really 'festive' but beautiful. 

I will say, that because this year is so different with no one getting together, I just didn't feel like going all out on the fancy wrapping I usually do for people's gifts, so I had several wrapping papers that were blue based with snowmen, and lots of blue and white ribbons and bows, so I wrapped everyone's gifts in blue and white, since it is kind of a 'blue' Christmas. 

They turned out nice, and definitely different than anything I have ever done. Still festive and seasonal. 

Honored Contributor

I love it as is....I'll take that Blue Blue Christmas!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It captures a beautiful icy, winter scene, but it makes me chilly just looking at it. That room looks below freezing.  

Respected Contributor

I really like this room. So pretty.

Then when the holidays are over, there is little extra work. You have a quick clean up.

Just take away the Christmas tree and it is all back to every day look.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay   I'm like you, I enjoy it all! 

Your girls will always have those memories. Christmas at your home must have been so fun! 

DH must have all the primary colors on the tree and since one tree is what we are up to these days.... it's multi-colored. It does bring  back good memories for both of us so I'm good with that, too.  This blue tree is very tempting to me  though!!