Super Contributor

Ideas for a Granddaughter's guest room,...

I currently have a guest room that our 3 yr old granddaughter has ben using when she stays over. It has some of her books and a few toys in there and a crib. I am thinking of putting a double bed in there that she can use as well as our older granddaughters can use when they visit from out of state. Since they live in CA and we in PA, they only visit about once a yr. My only concern is that the bedroom is near our steps to the first floor. The 3 yr old lives in a ranch so, doesn't do steps without me. Now to add, the 3 yr old is now going to be a big sister, since Mom is expecting in about 7 months. I think I will take down the crib, since we probably won't need for about 9 months, use something smaller at first.

I am currently at the beach, and thinking of getting some beach decor for the room, that would be appropriate for all. I could also buy a spread to match the decor.

We have another guest room that our daughter and son in law use when visiting. I hope I'm not too confusing, just thinking out load.