Honored Contributor

Idea's For Decorating Wall Ladders

DIY Wooden Ladder Decor Ideas: Home office with angled orchard ladder decor

DIY Ladder Decor Ideas: Decorate Old Wooden Orchard Ladder With Dried Flowers, French Country Cottage

Easy Ladder Decor Ideas: Farmhouse Ladder Decor, Nested Sanctuary

Add Vintage  

Easy Ladder Decor Ideas: Decorate Vintage Ladder Decor Frames Plates, Gratefully Vintage

Add Photos

A bit of twine and some photos make the perfect addition to a blanket ladder!  

Vintage Wood Ladder Decor Idea: Photo Display

Add Baskets for Functional Storage

Baskets on a ladder can be great for storage but also for fun farmhouse decor, like lemons and vintage rolling pins and fun tea towels.

Decorate Vintage Ladder For Kitchen Decor Ideas

Wooden Orchard Ladder Decor Ideas, Angled Blanket Ladder With Storage Baskets

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Idea's For Decorating Wall Ladders

Such a great idea.  And a unique way to use vertical space.  No room for such in my home, but I always enjoy looking.

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

It's cute but the only reason I have a ladder (and it's not old or tall), is to hang blankets we use as it keeps them off the floor (takes up room on the floor). It's practical but beyond that, it doesn't appeal to me as something I would decorate and display.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Urban Rustic Wall-Leaning Wood & Metal Blanket Ladder image 1

I just looked at a few more.

I'm leaning towards the industrial looking ones.  I think my room lends itself to one more like this. I am a little over the top "spastic" when it comes to hiding wall outlets and cords. I can't use a plant because one already rounds the corner on another wall. My idea is to let my throw hang down low enough to cover an outlet . Mine would need to be 6 ft. tall.  I wish  to keep it simple like the one in my post. 

Honored Contributor

gosh I love those type of ladders!!! I would hang interesting blankets on one----even change with the seasons--had one that I hung Xmas table runners on a few of the rungs---it looked great!!  Absolutely LOVE all those examples!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

gosh I love those type of ladders!!! I would hang interesting blankets on one----even change with the seasons--had one that I hung Xmas table runners on a few of the rungs---it looked great!!  Absolutely LOVE all those examples!!!!!

@wagirl 

On Etsy, there is a vendor under PT Gallery.  He's in Indiana.  I have bought 2 pieces from him and had them sent to NC. 

He has 4 big warehouses and can probably find you what you want.  He's honest and will work with anyone serious.  If I were EVER to go north, I would stay nearby and just go through his warehouses!  He's the real deal and honest!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just recently purchased a 6 ft. blanket ladder from LucusWoods on Etsy.  Etsy has a lot of styles to choose from.  The ones on Kirkland's looked a little flimsy.  The one I purchased is solid pine and comes in a variety of stain finishes.   I have four of my handmade quilts on the rungs.  Now I can enjoy seeing my quilts instead of them being stored away in a cabinet. 

edited to correct the business name

Respected Contributor

Hi @jubilant 

I like #1 best with the country flowers.  I think I'd mix a few other colors though.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Wooden ladders as decorative objects or used as shelving inside a house aren't my style. I prefer something less rustic and more elegant. A decorative ladder in a garden would be ok, but I probably wouldn't choose it. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@wagirl 

On Etsy, there is a vendor under PT Gallery.  He's in Indiana.  I have bought 2 pieces from him and had them sent to NC. 

He has 4 big warehouses and can probably find you what you want.  He's honest and will work with anyone serious.  If I were EVER to go north, I would stay nearby and just go through his warehouses!  He's the real deal and honest!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  I went to his website.  If I had the right one, he's in Indianapolis.  That's only a two hour drive from my house!