Honored Contributor

Icelandic (Apartment) Kitchen

Designed by Brian Patrick Flynn, the entire attic apartment is 750 square feet.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Icelandic (Apartment) Kitchen

Pretty! Like it all except the gold base of the table, which looks gaudy among such crisp, clean lines. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the white bench upholstered in blue and I like the blue on the cabinets.  A solid or subtle pattern would have been acceptable on the walls.  In a micro space....a dizzying array of colors.....No.  The finish on the kitchen counter top....Aeki has better. A board hanging off the wall with dishes on it...never in my world.  This designer likes patterns and does not accommodate design elements for the small space.  The busyness of the round table and the stool just adds to the cramped feeling of the kitchen.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love it.  All of it.   Especially the gold splashes.  They give such warmth to the room instead of the cold chrome fixtures that most kitchens have today.  I would have used matt gold fixtures here as well.

Several years ago before it was the 'latest thing'  I saw a little decorative pillow at Stein Mart and re did the bedroom around it.   Navy and white with one touch of turquoise or aqua.  I put some of our Greek paintings on the walls and they all have mostly blues/white .  It is so peaceful and pretty.

So, I'd love to have this kitchen.   Wonder if the landlords would redo it for us if I sent them the picture.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

LOVE IT......everything about it.

the GOLD really stands out and is elegant and "rich" looking.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I really like it.

I would love it if the backsplash was less busy.  I don't mind the gold table.  I'm glad the fixtures aren't gold.  

Respected Contributor

It looks amazing and I love the blue and white. I would want a brushed nickel base on the table though instead of gold.

Honored Contributor

Love it all.

Honored Contributor

I like everything but the base of the table. I don't think it's the gold that I dislike..I think it's the design.

Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful shade of blue but with permanent cabinets and backsplash, you'd have to love it enough to live with it forever.  I'd like the table better twith a cool silver finish to go with the cool blue shades in the area.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment