Honored Contributor

Re: Iced Glitter Picks

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

I've seen those picks at HL.  I even had some garland made out of the same material that I tossed after last season, because it was starting to look ragged.  I'm not sure what they cost at HL, so this might be a better deal.  Just so you know, they shed like CRAZY.  

Due to the stick like look, I am passing, but thanks for the info, Peter.  I got the name wrong, not glitter, but glimmer, look like brown sticks to me, lol.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't that impressed with them. I'll check HL later this year...TY for the HU about that Peter Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
They are very pretty. I bought them at Pier 1 last Christmas.
Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Peter, which bell did you order? Smiley Happy

I purchased both the Snowman and the Santa.  I'm glad I grabbed the Santa last night, as they sold out!  They're stunning and so inexpensive!

Peter, as tempted as I was to get the Cardinals/Church bell, I passed after I read several reviews for a similar porcelain item by the same brand Kringle Express.(H203214). I don't need anymore decor that eats batteries! LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: Iced Glitter Picks

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Peter, which bell did you order? Smiley Happy

I purchased both the Snowman and the Santa.  I'm glad I grabbed the Santa last night, as they sold out!  They're stunning and so inexpensive!

Peter, as tempted as I was to get the Cardinals/Church bell, I passed after I read several reviews for a similar porcelain item by the same brand Kringle Express.(H203214). I don't need anymore decor that eats batteries! LOL

Susan, it's true that reviews of similar porcelain products point out that the battery life is poor.  These ornaments run on AAA batteries, which are utilitzed in only 2 or 3 other products that I own.  Since I buy these batteries in packs of 36 or 48, it doesn't really bother me if I have to switch them out regularly.  Considering the beauty of these ornaments, I'm okay with this one shortfall. I will also replace the red ribbon with one which is deep plumb.  This will better suit my modern decor, and I believe, will compliment the color of the ornament even more than the red.

Honored Contributor
I passed on the glitter picks (nice looking, but I remember seeing these at several local places with no s/h extra cost), but I did buy the glitter forest friends ornaments. I don't usually like glitter at all, and these are all glitter, but somehow the presentation made them look kinda cool, different and extra festive. I like their bigger size so I can place one on the mantel, one on the dining table, one in the bookcase.....

I'll see what they really look like when they arrive.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Just missed them again!  They look pretty "stick like," so where is the glimmer I wonder.

Mousiegirl, the picks were much ado about nothing, IMO.  I had them in my cart before they came on air but not for me.  What a presentation though, unless I missed some of it, not much to it.  The TSV took up about an hour.  Bet they do that in Valerie's show too.

Trusted Contributor

I passed on teh picks too. Lucy is right...there was not much of a presentation. Jill did mention that picks were a top item being asked about and that she would be having many more variations in the weeks and months to come.

Esteemed Contributor

I missed seeing the picks and just about the rest of the show, so thanks for the opinons on the different YHJ items.  I did catch a glimpse of the bells and thought the scenes were beautiful.  Usually bells and solid white porcelain ornaments and decor are not my thing, but I'm going to have another look at the bells if they post a video. 

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

I passed on teh picks too. Lucy is right...there was not much of a presentation. Jill did mention that picks were a top item being asked about and that she would be having many more variations in the weeks and months to come.

I agree with both of you (I posted above both of you Smiley Happy )...