Honored Contributor

I didn't think I would, but just did.  I bought the brown to leave out year round in the family room, except for Christmas.  The white, though pretty, denotes Christmas and snowy areas for me, so decided the brown was neutral.

Respected Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE BUYING THE TSV?

I got the brown when it was a TSV in June.I keep it up and lit in my Great room and love it. I'm puzzled however,that the instructions  say that its only meant to be left up and lit for limited seasonal time, yet it's presented as a leave up year round tree.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I got the brown when it was a TSV in June.I keep it up and lit in my Great room and love it. I'm puzzled however,that the instructions  say that its only meant to be left up and lit for limited seasonal time, yet it's presented as a leave up year round tree.

Well that's not good.  There seems to be such discrepancies between product descriptions and presentations  and the instructions that come with a product.  

Honored Contributor

Have to say I was a little miffed that these were back in just three months. They only sold 35,000 the last time they were the TSV (according to a host earlier today), so I don't think that demands a repeat performance this soon.

They have a chance to wow us with one great deal a day, and this is what we get, after such a short time? Not impressed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad they brought it back.  I know I resisted last time, but when I saw the brown this time I couldn't resist.  I got the 7 ft and it's going to go outside.  I have a small garden between the curve of the front walk and my front porch.  Right now I have a fountain surrounded by perrenials, but the plants are about done for the season and the fountain will have to be stored away soon as well leaving me a dreary empty space.  I love that I'll be able to light it specific for Halloween, then autumn colors, then Christmas and even into spring.  Then maybe I'll move it to the back patio for summer.  I can't wait to get it!

Trusted Contributor

I purchased the brown 4' last time it was a TSV and it has been up since.  I love it and get so many compliments on it.  It even looks good when the lights aren't on.  I have it on a table in the corner and just love looking at it.  Smiley Happy  Wish I had room for the 7' one.

Frequent Contributor

Yes! I got the 4ft white one. I'm going to keep it up year round in my flower bed and change the lights according to the seasons, events and holidays. I can't wait to get it. I'm going to have the purple lights on it for Halloween with black garland. 

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Trusted Contributor

There is a house in my neighborhood that has a front yard filled with those Lori Grenier steel trees and a couple of these TSV's.  At night when I drive by, it's okay looking.  It's nothing spectacular or nicer than traditional Christmas lights on a tree.  However, during the daytime, their yard looks downright ugly.  These do not look pretty during the day.  It looks like their yard is full of giant, industrial-looking bugs.  As @Mominohio always says, it has to look good unlit, too.  

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

There is a house in my neighborhood that has a front yard filled with those Lori Grenier steel trees and a couple of these TSV's.  At night when I drive by, it's okay looking.  It's nothing spectacular or nicer than traditional Christmas lights on a tree.  However, during the daytime, their yard looks downright ugly.  These do not look pretty during the day.  It looks like their yard is full of giant, industrial-looking bugs.  As @Mominohio always says, it has to look good unlit, too.  

I have a lot of wood in my family room, so am hoping that this will fit right in.  I'll let you know if mine looks like a bug, lol.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I have a lot of wood in my family room, so am hoping that this will fit right in.  I'll let you know if mine looks like a bug, lol.

I think a lot of it depends on how you shape the branches.  The neighbor's trees don't all look like bugs.  One of them looks like a giant skeleton claw that has punched its way out of the grave.