Honored Contributor

The first picture looks like something the kids would build with their Legos.

Valued Contributor

JUST  BEAUTIFUL   I THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT

Honored Contributor

Fairy tale, indeed, @Oznell 

Thanks for keeping us updated on all these decor accomplishments and those who accomplish them.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: IRISH HOUSE

[ Edited ]

Obviously, the house qualifies as a sort of showplace and has tremendous history and interest. I mean, who can resist a tunnel? The decor, though, doesn't always resonate with me. The house itself puts off a somewhat chilly vibe to me that goes pretty much unrelieved with all that white. I also don't care for that gold rug in the drawing room, as it does little to tone down the formality of the room, though it appears other decorative touches there had that as their goal.  A lovely estate, but not somewhere I'd like to live.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: IRISH HOUSE

[ Edited ]

@Oznell I'll take doggies, please, and the help who takes care of the house. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

There's a lot of truth to what you say, @RetRN !   A lot of Palladian facades have that sort of "blocky",  austere facade, relieved by porticos and such, but often with very simple lines.  I seem to like the most stark ones.

300px-BasildonParkedited.jpg

This one has beautiful stone, and stunning windows, but it's a bit too "adorned" for me:

russborough-house-stately-home-in-the-palladio-style-facade-with-outside-B61TWJ.jpg

Respected Contributor

Indeed, fairy tale...absolutely magnificent and oh so Irish!  Thank you for this delight!

Honored Contributor

You hit on it, @ScarletDove -- the very "Irishness" of it all, is enchanting.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting this @Oznell . I find the home and the history of it so interesting.. I can't imagine having a tunnel at my home . The ceilings are gorgeous. 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell

The home is gorgeous situated on those grounds.  I can imagine both lakes & the joy it gives to the homeowners to see the views daily.

I can appreciate the design style for this home.  And, of course, who wouldn't love those 2 pooches to greet you each day?

Thank you for these pics @Oznell