Respected Contributor

Re: INSIDE AN OLD BRICK HOUSE IN VIRGINIA

Absolutely wonderful; love it all.  There can never be too much blue and white china.....!

It's fun poring through the photos looking at so much in each one.  I wouldn't declutter a thing.

Honored Contributor

Looks like a lovely, traditional home. I like the exterior, and I would especially love sitting on the porch looking out at the pastures. I like the interior architectural details. The foyer, stair railing, and fireplaces are my favorite things inside.

I'm not a fan of the blue printed china, blue ceramic items, or the distressed furniture pieces. There's too many pieces of artwork on the walls for me. 

Honored Contributor

Very nice pictures, but nothing about it appeals to me.  

I don't like multi story houses, and am not drawn to this style of house.   

I like to walk into a room and see color, with just a few plain and simple touches.   Every room of this house has way too much decor for me.  

Valued Contributor

This would be an ideal weekend country estate for me! Very similar type homes in my area, maybe not with as much land, but some do have several acres or horse/farming type land attached.

Love the mix of patterns that flow together & her incorporation of greenery, but not too overdone! I'd maybe only personally cut back on the amount of hanging wall decor, but in these spaces it seems to flow so well & not be too obtrusive!

And this is definitely a TRUE farmhouse kitchen-in my opinion! Lol Even the snippet that's shown.
Respected Contributor

I love the kitchen and the blue & white accent pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Living in Maryland, I have an affinity for this type of home, although mine is Victorian.  There is something so inviting about the interior.  Warm and well-worn.   It's a little busy for me, but, I still love it.

A woman I worked with many years ago, had a lovely, large home in downtown Alexandria, and this reminded me of that.

She had a HUGE collection of Imari ware that was stunning.  It was displayed in a floor to ceiling, dark red bookcase, and I fell in love with it immediately.  

I've never collected it or wanted to, but it always attracts me.

Esteemed Contributor

Just lovely. I would love porch sittin there anytime. The house is beautifully designed. Love it all. You never cease to amaze @Oznell 

Respected Contributor

Really like the style of the home, particullary the outside.  I'd probably decorate differently inside.  A lot of "stuff" in each room/around the house.  I don't mind it as long as I don't have to clean it.

Honored Contributor

Oh, @Witchy Woman ,  love to encounter another Imari admirer!  I'm not surprise that you, an aficionado of fine china, like it.   Aren't the colors and designs bewitching?  

Were I starting all over, I'm sure I'd be growing a collection. 

A few random thoughts:    I now tend to think that collecting is more of a young woman's game, although there are always exceptions.  I even admire an octogenarian, for example, who's zestily on the hunt for the next piece of ironstone, or whatever.

But I can only have what my little house can comfortably contain, and still feel airy and liveable.  Makes it so hard, since I like so much!  But I can appreciate "from a distance",  and through houses like this one.

I have the same reaction to Imari ware from Japan, that I do to another covetable vintage category, "Gaudy Welsh". I think it was made to mimic Imari--

index.jpg

And the venerable English company Coalport made china inspired by Imari:

So pretty.

Honored Contributor

Every room is breathtaking.  Not one thing needs changed.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)