Honored Contributor

Re: INDIA HICKS' BREEZY LIVING ROOM

@Oznell  What a great room. By rights, I should probably be thinking 'meh', but somehow I like it. Crisp and yet not without personality as so many 'crisp' rooms tend to be... I'm not one to embrace more modern concepts but have always loved Parson's tables, though I might have stopped with just the coffee table and possibly have chosen garden stools instead of the smaller ones...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It's too cluttered for me.

Honored Contributor

There's too much stuff.

Honored Contributor

I like both rooms and I really like India Hicks. I don't mind the white tables. The chairs next to the fireplace look totally out of place to me so they would have to go. I also see them on the left of the picture. Other than the chairs ..I like it.

Respected Contributor

I love her sheets.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I'm less enamored of the dining room. While I like the furniture and the elements, this, to me, is an example of a 'crisp' room that lacks any soul... While there is a certain appeal to the snowy look, to me, it needs some kind of color, even a pale or 'washed' color somewhere would give it a spark.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'm less enamored of the dining room. While I like the furniture and the elements, this, to me, is an example of a 'crisp' room that lacks any soul... While there is a certain appeal to the snowy look, to me, it needs some kind of color, even a pale or 'washed' color somewhere would give it a spark.

@stevieb   Yes, me too but it is still vintage.  The whole look is British Colonial but it is not really British colonial.  It lacks the monkeys and heavy mahogany save the DR which may/may not be mahogany but it is not heavy like BC.  It is lighter in weight.  More NOLA.

Honored Contributor

That room is a mess IMO. She has chairs lined up over by the windows that do not compliment each other.  The room looks all cluttered to me and not welcoming at all.

kindness is strength