Honored Contributor

Re: INDIA HICKS' BREEZY LIVING ROOM

India Hicks is of royal blood.  Something Winston Churchill and I were not.  LOL

Honored Contributor

The room itself is very bright and airy and spacious which I love.  However, there are changes I would make as far as some of the furniture and decor. I do like the color of the couch and it fits in the room. I would enjoy decorating this room !

Honored Contributor

I love both rooms!  I might move some of the furniture around in the living room, but I really do love both.

Honored Contributor

too many tables around in this room, not for me

Honored Contributor

It's all in one's perspective.  In the sort of romantic-English-country-house world that is partly her inheritance, this IS stripped-down, restrained and airy, ha.  Still romantic, but ready for any sandy, tropical idyll.

Shutters, no heavy curtains, baskets, the casualness of clean-lined lacquered Parsons tables, totally bare floors....  The books and even the inevitable bibelots and photographs on the tables are arranged for order, not confusion.

@Nonametoday, you've got it precisely!  Layered but not cluttered.  The English look taken to the Bahamas.

Her father David Hicks, perhaps the most famous British designer, could do full-on English country house profusion, but he also was capable of interestingly more edited, curated and place-appropriate spaces.

I could so sip an impossibly long, cool lemonade in that house, with the shutters wide open to the sea....

Super Contributor

This is a real nice set up. Modern, cozy and elegant. That pink sofa just steals the spotlight.

Honored Contributor

Its a nice, airy room, but I would definitely make some changes. I would get rid of the white tables, and some of the knick knacks as well......It isn't cluttered, but I still would get rid of some of the knick knacks. But all in all a very nice room! 

Esteemed Contributor

The room is nice but just not my style.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  Very well stated!  I like her aesthetic very much and how could you not adore a man whose middle name is Nightingale!

I lived in Barbados for three months and her home is definately Island living especially in a former British Colony!

Esteemed Contributor

So inviting. I love it.