Esteemed Contributor

IN SEARCH OF A CARPET CLEANER

Somehow I managed to lose a small part from my ancient Bissell carpet cleaner!  I figure it's the Universe's way of telling me it's time to replace!

The Bissell did a satisfactory job but was heavy and cleaning the 'dirty' tank was a total nightmare!

So I've looked online and found so many to choose from it's  mindblowing! I've got a furbaby, need good-size tanks (living room apx 13 x 27), it's gotta be lightweight wish a easy-clean 'dirty' tank.

Can anyone make recommendations?

Honored Contributor

Re: IN SEARCH OF A CARPET CLEANER

When we got our dog, I bought the Hoover Spot Cleaner. And I am so impressed with it. Before the dog if I got a spot/stain on the carpet, I sprayed Resolve to clean it up. And it seemed like a few days later the spot/stain would reappear. 

But after using the Spot Cleaner I never had that happen. It cleaned the spot easily and the carpet stayed clean. Well, I went crazy and cleaned the sofa, love seat and chairs. I could not believe how much dirt it picked up. And the carpet looks brand new without and spots or stains.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx, @drizzellla I have the Hoover Spot Cleaner and love it, too!  

Right now I need a bigger machine to clean to wall-to-wall in living room and the entire upstairs is wall-to-wall. Have you tried the bigger Hoovers you could recommend?  It's a dependable brand for sure.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Right now I need a bigger machine to clean to wall-to-wall in living room and the entire upstairs is wall-to-wall. Have you tried the bigger Hoovers you could recommend?  It's a dependable brand for sure.

No, The Spot Cleaner has been the only carpet cleaner I have bought. 

But I am so tempted to buy the Smart Wash. But I have so many vacuums right now. I bought a Dyson (hate it), cordless Hoover Platinum (like it alot), Hoover Max Pet (Like it alot a ready workhorse, use it everyday), a Bissel Power Fresh (like it) and a Eureka (hate it). Not sure I want to buy another "cleaner".

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

No, The Spot Cleaner has been the only carpet cleaner I have bought. 

But I am so tempted to buy the Smart Wash. But I have so many vacuums right now. I bought a Dyson (hate it), cordless Hoover Platinum (like it alot), Hoover Max Pet (Like it alot a ready workhorse, use it everyday), a Bissel Power Fresh (like it) and a Eureka (hate it). Not sure I want to buy another "cleaner".

I can relate!  I have a vac for each floor 'cause they're too heavy/bulky to tote around. Two Dysons (okay), Stick Dyson (dumping - d/n hold charge), Roomba (love) and just got the tsv Shark Stick!  But, my Eddy has full run of the house which means the carpeting needs a good washing! I'm leaning towards Hoover brand, but Bissell is good too; and, would be interested in a Shark if they made one.  It boils down to a lot of stuff just to clean the house all the time!

Thanks again, @drizzellla .  Have a nice day!

Honored Contributor

I also am pleased with the Hoover brand. I have a collie and I vacuum everyday or every other day. I have very thick carpeting in the formal living room and regular carpeting and tile in the rest of the house. The Hoover WindTunnel MAX P.A.W.S. has done a great job for over 4 years. 

I could not be happier. I bought it during a special sale for half price directly from Hoover. 

I guess because the vacuum has done such a good job, I am in no hurry to get a carpet cleaner. Plus we got a new rug a few months ago in the family rooom. 

Good Luck with your choice. Hope it works well for you.

Respected Contributor

I've had at least 3 Hoovers and they all started leaking.  I won't buy another.

Then I bought a Rug Doctor from Sam's Club.  I bought the warranty, so when it started leaking after 3 uses, I called to find out where to take it to get it fixed.  Instead, they just sent me back the full purchase price.  It's still sitting in my storage shed.

Then I bought a Bissell 2x Pro Revolution Pet Model 1986.  This is by far my favorite.  The tanks are not big, but that makes the machine lighter.  It's easy clean.  The brush roll really cleans the carpet and the suction is good.  It's not so good on long (shag) carpet due to the brush roll.  I've also used it to clean the stairs and furniture.

Regular Contributor

I bought a Rug Doctor on Amazon a couple of years ago and love it.  Do not buy the carpet and floor version - horrible!

Respected Contributor

A few months ago we bought a Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner.    They call it the Series #93140.   

We did a lot of research before deciding on that particular model.

We had a difficult time finding it in local stores.   We were finally able to locate one at a WalMart a few towns over from our area.  

We have wall-to-wall carpeting throughout our entire house.    It did a wonderful job on cleaning and our carpets did not take forever to dry.  It really pulled out all of the liquid and left everything so clean and soft to the touch.  

The only downside is that the machine is heavy.  My husband did all the carpets and he said he got a real workout.  

We're pleased with the results and would recommend that particular model.