Frequent Contributor

IF YOU NEED YOUR SERTA MATTRESS PICKED UP THAT YOU JUST PURCHASED, FIND WHO DELIVERED IT??

I waited & waited. QVC said they would expedite it after with several emails over my Postings immediately for approx. 3 weeks.  When it was Delivered we asked for the Delivery Companies Card.  Make Sure You Do That!!  Anyone getting a New Serta Hotel mattress get That Card!  It is Very Important. You will need it when it needs to be picked up.  Afterwards we could Not Find It Smiley Sad so like most Buyers who purchased this nightmare, we thought we could just call QVC.  They Issued a Pick Up, BUT, it was only a Pick Up Request, NO Arrangemtns awere made. at All, no times, no calls for pick up Nothing!  I sat week after week & Not a Call from Anyone!   

There is Only One Way to get this mattress Picked up & it's to do it Yourself! It is NOT like shopping at a Dept Store where they have service.   It was an Absolute Must to FIND that Misplaced Card & finally we did!  Calling them Immediately put the Pick Up In Action & it is going too Happen in just 3 days!  The Wheels were in Motion by Us to get the JOB done for the Pick-Up, Yeah! 

:}   :}

Always Ask for That Card!  It was our Life Saver....not a Stall Email from QVC

telling the customer they will Expedite it to make it happen LOL.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: IF YOU NEED YOUR SERTA MATTRESS PICKED UP THAT YOU JUST PURCHASED, FIND WHO DELIVERED IT??

So you were looking to return this mattress that you purchased and without said card, you could not do so?

Honored Contributor

Re: IF YOU NEED YOUR SERTA MATTRESS PICKED UP THAT YOU JUST PURCHASED, FIND WHO DELIVERED IT??

Than you for telling us about your experience.  I bought a mattress from QVC many, many years ago (around the time they started selling mattresses) so it was years ago. We liked it and kept it and it lasted years so I don't have any experience sending something of this magnitude back but I have to say that after having to package up an upright, heavy, very large Electrolux that was a lemon (again, years ago)..... and hauling it to the Post Office myself, I vowed that what I purchased from that moment on would have to be "manageable" for me....  

So sorry you had to deal with this for such a long time.... Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Frequent Contributor

I was saying IF I had to wait on QVC to make the arrangements it was Not

Happening.  I assume they just sent in an order to PIck it Up!  However No one

ever called or made arrangements to do so.  Then we were told they would check into it & have it Expedited.  LOL Ya Right!   We were Lucky to have had the Delivery

companies Card. We were told by that company that the Mattresses are so BAD

they are Backed Up with Pick Ups. The company set it up Immediately to do that.

Now I could have Waited without the Need of the Delivery Companies Card, but

as I have said in Other Posts.....How do you set the Mattress up for a Thanksgiving

Table? LOL  Heck it may have been here for Christmas Too.

I did not want to wait for months with a Back Log of mattresses that they stated themselves, We drop them off & then have to pick them up, they are Horrible! 

I could Not wait for weeks & weeks calling & calling QVC to be Stalled & Stalled.

It's a Shame.   Good Luck on Yours

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not surprising as QVC seems to mislead customers all around on this mattress. Not only the easy return claims but also they claim it is part of SERTA's Hotel collection which it is not - it is in their Perfect Sleeper collection -nowhere near the quality of the Hotel Collection. Also the thickness of the  Memory Gel Foam they showed in the presentation is nowhere near the thickness of the actual thickness of the layers-   these facts per the SERTA website itself. I tried cancelling but QVC said it was too late even though it was 4 weeks out from the EDD. After some back and forth e-mails they finally admitted that when the delivery company calls to arrange delivery to tell them it was cancelled and they will send it back and I won't be charged - needless to say I saved that e-mail.

Respected Contributor

@QUALITYSEEKER  I'm so sorry the Serta Hotel mattress did not work out and the pickup was a nightmare.

So, true story. Before I was married in 2012, my husband and I stayed at a fancy hotel in DC. I think it was 5 stars. We were in the market for a new mattress and fell absolutely in love with the Serta Perfect Sleeper Eurotop Hotel mattress we were sleeping on. We took down the information on the tag, and contacted Serta's Hotel Division. They know exactly which mattress is at each hotel they service and quoted close to $4,000 for a the same queen size mattress and box spring.

We thought it over, and ended up going to Sleepy's. We found a comparable one for a little over $3,000. However, Memorial Day came a day or so after we had put a deposit at Sleepy's. QVC had a TSV on a Serta Perfect Sleeper Super Pillowtop mattress. It was about $900, so we thought what the heck! We knew it would work since we had put a deposit on a very similar mattress.

Fast forward to 2015, and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made on QVC. It still looks and feels new and it's sooo comfy! When I saw the first TSV on the Serta Hotel mattess I told my husband, "Look now they are offering that one, too bad". It's so ironic and sad that it turned out to be so bad. I wonder if it's because since it's commercial quality it's very hard and it must be broken in first? Also, why does it have the awful smell?

So sorry to those that bought it and were dissatisfied and disappointed. Serta and QVC must look into it and work it out. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

This is a lesson learned for the OP I guess. I, personally, would NEVER buy a mattress from a home shopping network mainly for the issues she is having. I just bought a new mattress in Sept from our local furniture store. They delivered it, took our old mattress away, carried our new mattress up the stairs and set it in place. And if we wanted to return it all we'd have to do is give them a call for a pick up. No problems whatsoever.

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

This is a lesson learned for the OP I guess. I, personally, would NEVER buy a mattress from a home shopping network mainly for the issues she is having. I just bought a new mattress in Sept from our local furniture store. They delivered it, took our old mattress away, carried our new mattress up the stairs and set it in place. And if we wanted to return it all we'd have to do is give them a call for a pick up. No problems whatsoever.

I think the main thing that lures people in is QVC's reputation for easy returns ( obviously not so in this case), the Easy Pay which makes it easier on a budget and the deceptive presentations ( as I posted before they claimed this was part of the SERTA Hotel Collection  which it is not). Yes I admit I got lured into this but live and learn and with persistance I got them to cancel the order despite their claims it was too late. Have I purchased mattreses  online - yep - from Wally World with free shipping to home knowing I could throw it on the roof of our SUV and haul it back to our local store - fortunately did not need to.

Respected Contributor

NYC Vixen, you may be right that it needs breaking in since most hotel maatresses are very firm to last a long time.  Has anyone tried letting the kids jump on it to break it in?   That might be what is needed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A mattress shouldn't need breaking in like this.  I definitely wouldn't count on that being the problem.  Hotel mattresses are a medium firmness to appeal to more people.  I recently researched mattresses and read this more than once about hotel mattresses.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau