Esteemed Contributor

Re: I went back to the furniture store yesterday

Please keep the pup, it is safe with you. If the owners had love and cared for her it would not be in this condition.

Contributor

Congraulations on your furniture purchase. Sounds like a wonderful combination I've worked in a furniture store for almost 10 yrs . In the office processing orders, customer service etc. Our sales staff is seasoned and trained in custoum orders. And would have went with your decision on color choices. The designer or visualist would only step in at your request. Their main job is designing floor arrangement of furniture input of store related decor etc. And our store employee policy is even if you had 2, 3sales staff assist in the sale the commision is split evenly. So unless their policy is different don't expect the design consultant to get the full commision for your purchase. Even if the store manager tells you different they just want you to be happy. In our store with the customer at the counter the sales consultant if the primary one is not there will put the name on the invoice then their name once the customer leaves. So it's a split sale without the customer knowing. But I hope in your case the commision goes to the main designer as wish it to be.
Respected Contributor

What happened to ""the customer is always right""??

Honored Contributor

On 5/22/2014 ~moxie~ said:
On 5/22/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

He absolutely stepped over his bounds. You are the client and he is there to help you, but not to make that kind of judgment. He can put in his two cents, but, ultimately, it is your choice and he has to respect that. I think your color choices are really exciting and you are going to end up with an amazing room!

Of couse he did. Unbelievable. If I go back and if he is there he will get an earful from me.

I would of walked out and said I will find another store that respects my decisions

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

If an interior designer holds an order for another opinion then look for another designer since he is not talking to you the client! Your opinion matters in all the decisions and they should work with the look you convey during your consultation.

Super Contributor

I worked for a designer at Ethan Allen for about 5 years in the 80's. I helped him stage rooms in the store. I learned a lot from him about design and how some times it is the accessories that makes a room sing. Or paint. My point is that I know enough about design to hold my ground.