Super Contributor

I went back to the furniture store yesterday

to return the fabric samples. They could not find my order. What?? Finally they found another designer that usually works with the sales person. He didn't process my order because he wanted her opinion. But she had been out of the store for a week taking care of her husband who has cancer.

Thankfully she was there when I was there. She looked into her folder and found notes regarding my order that the other designer gave her. He apparently wasn't comfortable with my color choices and wanted to run it by her. I knew that he thought it weird that I was combining red with turquoise, but hey that is my call and not his.

It is my choice and I am not only comfortable about them I am over the moon about them. The turquoise is going to be on one focal wall and on pillows. My chairs are red with turquoise and red pillows. I do know that some people aren't comfortable with color but that is okay, I respect their choices.

I think that the designer overstepped his bounds but I am happy that I got a designer that respects my choices.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I went back to the furniture store yesterday

I think the colors sound real pretty....

Valued Contributor

He absolutely stepped over his bounds. You are the client and he is there to help you, but not to make that kind of judgment. He can put in his two cents, but, ultimately, it is your choice and he has to respect that. I think your color choices are really exciting and you are going to end up with an amazing room!

Super Contributor

On 5/22/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

He absolutely stepped over his bounds. You are the client and he is there to help you, but not to make that kind of judgment. He can put in his two cents, but, ultimately, it is your choice and he has to respect that. I think your color choices are really exciting and you are going to end up with an amazing room!

Of couse he did. Unbelievable. If I go back and if he is there he will get an earful from me.
Respected Contributor

I hope you give the commission to the designer who actually listened to you and put your order through. Sounds lovely~~~

Super Contributor

On 5/22/2014 Hoovermom said:

I hope you give the commission to the designer who actually listened to you and put your order through. Sounds lovely~~~

Oh she will, I made sure of that.
Honored Contributor

I wholeheartedly applaud your choices. I hope you post pictures when it's finished. These designers have their nerve, don't they? So many people are so conservative and "safe" in their color choices, that their homes are just bland beige. You are a lady after my own heart, moxie.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Me too, I think it's great when people use color, how much beige can there be?
Respected Contributor

Your fabric colors of turquoise and red sound fabulous !!!I don't blame you for being ticked off that he didn't place your order. My custom fabrics are red and white .....I had my furniture made five years ago, and I love it even more the longer I have it. I had to wait a ridiculous amount of time for it to be made and delivered, ( two months beyond what they promised) but when It was delivered, I was so thrilled . I hope you post pictures too !! Congratulations(:
Respected Contributor

DP sorry