Honored Contributor

Re: I went antiquing with a friend today....

@house_cat 

Love your purchases, and your color scheme!

My kitchen is yellow, white & Chinese red, with black quartz countertops.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

What a darling kitchen and purchases, @house_cat.  Just teems with personality and warmth!

Respected Contributor

I love your kitchen- so happy looking with the yellow walls and I love all the items you had in the photo, the acqua cups and saucers, the lamp and that adorable stove/cookie jar!  Just beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

Could you tell me around what price you paid for the cookie jar??  It is just adorable.  I used to have an antique shop when I lived in TX.  It is getting

harder and harder to find nice pieces.  I have a Hoosier cabinet with all the

fixings.  If you want one they too are harder to find in nice condition.  Your Kitchen is so cozy...Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, forum friends :-)

@phluphy 

The cookie jar was $18.50

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@phluphy 

I'm envious of you - I've always wanted one. The friend I was shopping with owned an antique shop for several years and she said she'd never seen one with all the pieces and parts this cabinet had.  Oh, well.....

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just love your kitchen!  It has so much personality.  I love antiques myself, and you have quite a beautiful collection.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT 

Thank you. That's sweet of you to say, but I really have very little.  This hutch is the only place, other than my kitchen, for me to display anything.  This is my entire collection, which is why I say that when something new comes in, something has to go out.  The only things I own that are not shown are vintage linens (my personal obsession) and some China that belonged to my grandmother - very little of it.  It's probably good to have limited space, because it would be easy to get carried away.

IMG_6737.JPG

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat, That’s a very handsome hutch!  We are seniors who have lived in a large home forever.  You want to talk about people getting carried away?  If I showed you pictures, you’d have quite a laugh.  We are weeding out, donating, throwing out.  And you should see our large attic.  I could sell pictures, really.  

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Good luck weeding through it. You'll feel better when you've thinned out your stash.  We've moved five times since we were married in 1982 and every time we move we take less with us.  I miss some of the things I've given away over the years and I wish we had the kind of life where we stayed in one house for decades, building a history and accumulating all that goes along with it.

~ house cat ~