Honored Contributor

Re: I went antiquing with a friend today....

@ECBG 

I'm green with envy!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@nmurray wrote:

house_cat  Love your kitchen and from the photos anyway it looks like a great size and very nicely done. I recently moved into a "vintage" apartment in LA, bright upper and have a relatively small, charming kitchen (old, no dishwasher) so your looks like a dream. I would love to know where you went antiquing. Here in LA mid century modern is very popular, which I like, but I also love that Hoosier cabinet. i am in the process of shopping for furniture, since I have very little at ther moment, and i am trying to buy all secondhand. That stove cookie jar is adorable and I can see why you bought it.

Take PCH down to Laguna Bch and you'll find dozens of places along the way.

My most treasured find was a pair of foo dogs at a place  in Huntington Beach (about a block or two off the main drag).  It's a hole in the wall, the building looks like it's going to tip over!

But lots of furniture at these places. Bring a truck!

Honored Contributor

Love all your finds, especially that cookie jar.  If I had come across it, I would've bought it.  No place for it! 

My kitchen is tiny.  

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@nmurray wrote:

house_cat  Love your kitchen and from the photos anyway it looks like a great size and very nicely done. I recently moved into a "vintage" apartment in LA, bright upper and have a relatively small, charming kitchen (old, no dishwasher) so your looks like a dream. I would love to know where you went antiquing. Here in LA mid century modern is very popular, which I like, but I also love that Hoosier cabinet. i am in the process of shopping for furniture, since I have very little at ther moment, and i am trying to buy all secondhand. That stove cookie jar is adorable and I can see why you bought it.

My most treasured find was a pair of foo dogs at a place  in Huntington Beach (about a block or two off the main drag).  It's a hole in the wall, the building looks like it's going to tip over!

@Lucky Charm 

We visit that area three or four times a year, as my niece lives in Dana Point.  However, I always have DH with me.... and he's a huge party pooper when it comes to that stuff.  Perhaps I'll have to set up a "girl's day" with her, and leave him home altogether. Now THAT sounds like a plan!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@nmurray wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

We visit that area three or four times a year, as my niece lives in Dana Point.  However, I always have DH with me.... and he's a huge party pooper when it comes to that stuff.  Perhaps I'll have to set up a "girl's day" with her, and leave him home altogether. Now THAT sounds like a plan!

You *must stop in* and take a look-- a place I love call Juxtaposition in Newport Coast.  Quite a collection of old and new.  There's plenty of eateries for hubby, if he goes with you.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@ECBG 

I'm green with envy!

@house_cat You're free to visit any time Luv.  The black metal handle on the floor to the right is a civil war stew pot.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm - thank you for the recommendation and @ECBG thank you for the invite!

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

All your stuff is amazing. Vey casual and colorful. The kitchen looks lively and fresh.