Respected Contributor

Re: I've had it with fitted sheets!

I just now saw this on Facebook and thought of this thread!  LOL

RebelsMarket's photo.

Honored Contributor

so funny, Mima! She was the first one who showed me how to fold them. She made it look so easy. I've never been able to achieve it.
~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I love the sheets at Costco...Charisma brand. Excellent quality. Can't go wrong with them! 

Respected Contributor

thank you so much for that tip about the tag I am going to try an plant that in my brain. There is nothing that makes me throw fits as changing my bed every week and putting those darn fitted sheets on. I can never remember were i had the tag the last time but I am going to associate it with being right handed.

Respected Contributor

Sandraskates, you brought back great memories of my Mom. When we were kids she would put flat sheets on our beds and she would buy pretty material and make a duvet cover for our blankets. In the summer it was a  nice cotton duvet and in the winter we had flannel duvet covers that she would sew for us.  Even after I was married she would make me those duvet covers. Great memories. 

Honored Contributor

Fitted sheets: I call it, "fighting the good fight".  Thank goodness my husband helps me.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two older sheet sets that are still in well-maintained condition.  The fitted bottom sheets did not fit my then new pillow top mattress set.  That mattress set wore out in about five years.  One month ago, I purchased a new mattress set.  Those older sheets fit my new mattress set perfectly.  I immediately noticed the difference in my older sheets in how they  feel, soft, smooth and silky.  My new mattress set also came with a free set of sheets. I washed those free sheets prior to placing on my mattress.  The sheets came out the dryer wrinkled horribly, fuzzy and faded.  The bottom fitted sheet was too big and messy. Laying on those free sheets was so uncomfortable, rough feel; I kept tossing and turning in the bed.  Well, now I know why they were given away free.

Trusted Contributor

I have just the opposite opinion.  I love all my sheets from Evine, but only have one set that I purchased from here that I didn't send back.  The last TSV are nice, but too heavy for my liking, so I just don't use the flat sheet.

Honored Contributor

If you guys think it is hard to make a bed at home, you should try it in a camper! We have about 6 " between our mattress and the wall on the bottom half of the bed and about 1/2 " clearance on the remainder. I have to pull the mattress down to the bottom of the bed and stand it on end to put the sheets on then lie it back on the bed and push it to the top and put the sheets on the bottom of the bed. Also - camper king beds are not as large as home ones so the sheets are too big. To combat that I have to use sheet suspenders under the mattress to hold the sheets and mattress covers on. So as I am putting on the new sheets I have to also hook on the suspenders. Trust me, wrestlers do not get a better workout than I get making this bed, and I have bruises on both arms to prove it.

For the daily remake of the bed I have found it is best to just fold the sheets and blanket down to the bottom neatly and then we pull them up when we go to bed at night.