Honored Contributor

I scored big deal at Old Time Pottery today!

[ Edited ]

Well, upon my return home I found that spouse had decided to "trash" my old patio set.  I was thrilled since it was a junkie 1980s wrought iron rose pattern set.  It came with the house.   It was time to go -- even spray painting it still looked old & tired!

So today decided I wanted to hit Lowe's, HD and other stores.  I knew I wanted updated wicker style set.

Boy did I luck out at OTP.  They had what I wanted ($89.99) with 50% off patio but this set was missing the chairs in the box.  I asked the mgr how much I could buy just the table for.  He said $9.99 -- sounds good I'll take it.  Went up front & he said "I have 1 box missing 1 chair if you want this one instead for $12.99".

Yup that's perfect!  I figured I can always buy other chairs but honestly, I've never sat on my front porch just wanted table for putting my outside decor on!

E5583849-5CE6-4681-9F4F-FEF15839250E.jpeg

(And I have to admit I bought this cute truck it was more than the patio set😉

F8BEC63F-24D9-496A-A698-806CF4C81F62.jpeg

Frequent Contributor

Re: I scored big deal at Old Time Pottery today!

@homedecor1- Well done! What a great deal. I LOVE the truck. Is it orange? "Pumpkin farm" on truck door is adorable. So very different to what I have seen in decorative trucks of late. With the deal of patio set, how could one pass on that darling vehicle. Thanks for sharing!!!!
Honored Contributor

@Kimnola 

yes the truck is a "burnt" red/orange in color.  I have no idea where I'll put it but I'm sure I'll find a "spot"🙂

Respected Contributor

What a successful shopping trip. Enjoy your bargains and especially the little red truck. 

Honored Contributor

We love Old Time Pottery, our's is HUGE. If we go (DH & I) we go when we have plenty of time to go through it. Just yesterday I went shopping around but couldn't land on anything I was looking for, specific colored sheers/drapes & matching pillows. Got home and thought about needing to make a trip to OTP very soon.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Wow! Great bargain! Love the table & chair! Enjoy! 

Honored Contributor

I am a sucker for a cute truck.

Honored Contributor

What a bargain. Love the table, chair and the truck. I'm sure you won't too much trouble finding the perfect spot to park that truck.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

I took my friend today...I tried to resist but I couldn't!  I bought some "beachy" things to hang on my lanai.  

We were there 2 hours🙄 and she's hooked, of course.  She bought 2 nice wicker chairs 70% off.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  That was a good buy! The Cafe table is very similar to the ones I bought at Leisure Furniture here in Florida. The only difference is the bottom legs slightly turn up. I would check out Dollar General, if you have one near you. I recently saw some matching chairs that would be perfect for your table that had higher backs & more squared off on the top. 9.99 each.& they stack.