Esteemed Contributor

Re: I reupholstered my sofa!

Great Job!!!! I like the design in the After pic!!!!

Respected Contributor

You did an AWESOME job!  Way to go tackling it on your own.  I've made slipcovers for them and recovered some chairs.  It is really an undertaking!  Pat yourself on the back and two thumbs up!!!

Trusted Contributor

@carlycat, GREAT JOB!  Did you teach yourself how to reupholster?  Your couch looks like mine....the style, arms, back, even the number of pleats.  You've given me ideas!

Respected Contributor

It is really beautiful....you should be very proud of yourself for a job well done!!!  When you do your curtains be sure to post another picture!!!!

Honored Contributor

Oh wow. It looks great! I love the fabric too. It's very pretty.

Honored Contributor

@carlycat

Very nice!

Can you swing on by my house, I have a couple of projects for you!?

Honored Contributor

@carlycat

You should go into business.  Congratulations on a beautiful job.  The sofa looks great including the fabric you chose.

I bought a Pennsylvania House sofa at a public sale several years ago.  (It was very old; it even had screws instead of staples to fasten it together.)  The bones were great but the upholstery and cushions were in much need.  Eight years ago we had it reupholstered at a cost of nearly $800.00.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I helped a friend reupholster her sofa once and I was truely impressed with how simple it is to do if you know what your doing.The closest I ever got was making a custom cover for a daybed mattress, and reupholstering cushions for an old camper we bought.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@carlycat

You should go into business.  Congratulations on a beautiful job.  The sofa looks great including the fabric you chose.

I bought a Pennsylvania House sofa at a public sale several years ago.  (It was very old; it even had screws instead of staples to fasten it together.)  The bones were great but the upholstery and cushions were in much need.  Eight years ago we had it reupholstered at a cost of nearly $800.00.

Yikes!  Prices have gone up.  I just paid over $2000 for a *backup* slipcover for a new couch.

@carlycatthe couch looks great and all the other items you're going to do will make the room look so nice!