Honored Contributor

I need suggestions for cord keepers, what a mess I have here

I have an antique wooden box in the bathroom that I keep my hair dryer, Chi styling brush, Euro-steam iron, Scunchi steamer, and a curling iron in.  Well, I've had it.  The cords are tangled to the point I pulled the whole mess out and I'm starting over.  What I need is some kind of velcro tape or substitute that I can wrap around a coiled wire for each appliance.  Anyone have any ideas? 

Respected Contributor

Re: I need suggestions for cord keepers, what a mess I have here

Binder clips 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I have an antique wooden box in the bathroom that I keep my hair dryer, Chi styling brush, Euro-steam iron, Scunchi steamer, and a curling iron in.  Well, I've had it.  The cords are tangled to the point I pulled the whole mess out and I'm starting over.  What I need is some kind of velcro tape or substitute that I can wrap around a coiled wire for each appliance.  Anyone have any ideas? 

@depglass  They make exactly what you've mentioned.  Velcro One Wrap -  $2.98 for a set of 5 on Amazon Prime.  I find them very handy.
VELCRO Brand - ONE-WRAP Cable Management, Self Gripping Cable Ties, Reusable, 8" x 1/2" Ties, 5 Ct. - Multi-color

I noticed another style by Onirii that can be used in a similar way 70 pcs./$7.98;.  That's quite a bargain.

Onirii 70 PCS Reusable Fastening Cable Ties with Microfiber Cloth in Retail Packaging - Assorted Colors 7"

Honored Contributor

Thanks, ladies.  I'm ordering them right now.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes when you buy hair appliances they come with those Velcro straps. Makes it nice when they do that.

Esteemed Contributor

Somewhere I read to put your cord, folded up, into a toilet paper or paper towel cardboard center.  I use one for my iron.  Works well.

Esteemed Contributor

My go to item is a package of pipe cleaners. They are long enough to cut to length if needed, You can wind a them together. They aren't too thick to create yet another storage problem.   

Trusted Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

My go to item is a package of pipe cleaners. They are long enough to cut to length if needed, You can wind a them together. They aren't too thick to create yet another storage problem.   

@Fressa

Why didn't I ever think of that!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

In a pinch...pun intended Woman Very Happy...you can use hair clips  like this:

download.jpg