Esteemed Contributor

Re: I need help in choosing a wall color.

@J Town Girl     

This the Benjamin Moore's Silver Mist.

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 8.37.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 8.40.43 AM.png

Trusted Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

My problem is I am unsure of what color to use on the wall.   My husband doesn't want the walls too dark because the room isn't all that large.   I am leaning towards choosing light aqua for the walls.  I'm not sure what paint color to choose for the crown molding around the ceiling.

I would like any opinions as to whether I could go with a very light blue-green color on the walls and still continue with the gray color scheme in my towels.   I'm afraid the towels might be too dark for such a light wall color.   

My bathroom is small and we have it painted an Aqua Blue.  You could keep the Grey Towels if your counter and shower curtain will also pick up those colors.  

Ironically we purchased grey towels, then eneded up with a countertop that was in the brown family so the grey towels didn't work at all.  We switched to Brown Towels instead.

Esteemed Contributor

I've also seen the approach of getting some poster board and painting it the color of the room. Some paint stores will give you a sample size and others you need to purchas. I think this is a good option if you are considering a bold or dark shade. Those colors can be difficult to cover at time. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I truly believe that grey is a trend, and it will be gone in no time. I like it, but I don't do trendy because I don't like to end up out of date. We painted our home right down to the inside of the closets when we bought it (it was white, aqua, and pink). Every room in our house is a Sherwin Williams color; Urban Putty. Every room except the small, master bathroom. I painted it in Agreeable Grey, also a Sherwin Williams color. It is so pale that you can barely tell it is gray. I love it! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I've also seen the approach of getting some poster board and painting it the color of the room. Some paint stores will give you a sample size and others you need to purchas. I think this is a good option if you are considering a bold or dark shade. Those colors can be difficult to cover at time. 

@Fressa  .. try samplize dot com.  You can purchase 12" x 12" paint samples of Benjamin Moore;  Sherwin Williams; and Farrow & Ball paint samples.