Respected Contributor

Re: I need help in choosing a wall color.

@wagirl   I'm so sorry to read about the damage from your fallen trees.   We have many trees in our backyard and I am always worried when we get those wind storms.  So far, we've only had a few tiny limbs come down. 

I know what you mean about needing lighter colors here in our area.  I think the darker days that can sometimes be a little gloomy are the reason that my husband prefers the lighter colors.

Respected Contributor

@Fressa  I agree with you on a bluer tone instead of a greenish tone.   We originally painted our living room with a light green color and almost as soon as it dried I regretted it.

I lived with it for almost a year and then I told my husband I just had to change it.   It might have been that shade of green but it always seemed depressing to me.

We then chose a light taupe and I have been very happy with it.  What we did with some of our rooms was to buy a small pint of a shade that we liked and then painted a small portion of the wall and then lived with it for a week or so.   It looked funny but we don't have a lot of visitors so nobody saw our mismatched walls.

Respected Contributor

@Bri369  I'll have to look into the Beach Glass.  I've not seen the swatch but it really sounds like a color that I would like.

Thank you very much for both of your suggestions.    It's nice to see that so many here like the Benjamin Moore paints.   We've always used that company and I think the quality of their paints are excellent.    

While both my husband and I like the look you get when you paint a room we aren't fond of doing all of the prep work.   When we get a good quality of paint that goes on nicely and lasts we are very happy. 

Respected Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:
For the crown moulding and trim work consider Benjamin Moore's Simply White. It's crisp, a true white and would look wonderful with any of the colors suggested here. Your bathroom sounds cool! Hope you love what you choose.

Thank you for your suggestion on painting the mouldings and trim white.  That was what I was thinking I guess I just needed another opinion.  

I envy people who can make paint decisions quickly.  I'll stand in front of the paint swatches and go back and forth between each color.  

After I get all of the colors that I like I'll take them to my husband and ask him which one he likes and almost without exception he'll say I like them all but you choose which one you like.    I tell him he's no help at all,  Lol!

Respected Contributor

I would definitely go with a blue-gray rather than aqua.  Antique or creamy white moldings and ceiling.  That's just my opinion.  You have to live with it!

Respected Contributor

I would like to thank each and every one of you who gave me such good advice and so many helpful suggestions.  

I'm pretty good about making decisions but when it comes to painting I always like to get another perspective.  

When I told my husband I was making this post he said he thought that was a good idea because I could get other opinions.   I think he just wanted to take the heat off of himself and not have to look at dozens of paint swatches.   Lol!

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl  Good luck with your reno!  When I did mine, I chose SW Oyster Bay for the walls (grey/green), with grey floor tiles, and a mix of marine blue and grey subway tiles for the shower.  I also used nickel finishes.  My artwork is all from the islands and cabinetry is cherry.  I find my bathroom to be very relaxing.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@J Town Girl  Good luck with your reno!  When I did mine, I chose SW Oyster Bay for the walls (grey/green), with grey floor tiles, and a mix of marine blue and grey subway tiles for the shower.  I also used nickel finishes.  My artwork is all from the islands and cabinetry is cherry.  I find my bathroom to be very relaxing.

Your bath sounds beautiful.   I love the idea of the marine blue and grey subway tiles.  The subway tiles are what we intend to use in the shower.   That color combination sounds perfect together.   

Thank you so much for sharing your design ideas.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl  Pale aqua is a lot more neutal than some might think. If it appeals to you, why not? Also remember, towels wear out. I'd probably not pick my paint color to coordinate with them...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The other color I did in my house is Benjamin Moore's Thousand Oceans.  It's navy blue at night and more greenish blue in the daylight.

I love this color so much.

I don't have a good photo of my room, but here's the stock photo:

Thousand Oceans.jpg

Thousand.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN