Honored Contributor

Re: I need help in choosing a wall color.

Image result for october mist paint

October Mist.  It's not quite as dark as this swatch. 

Respected Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

We recently renovated our bathroom and I chose a color that my friend had used in her bathroom.  It is Benjamin Moore Gossamer Blue.  Nearly everyone who sees the bathroom comments on how pretty the color is.  It’s not very light but not dark either.  I love it!

D15CC91E-2FFA-4EB2-AC67-900D7698E210.jpeg

I showed your picture to my husband and he really liked that color.  We really like Benjamin Moore paint so that was a plus.  

Is that a picture of your own bath?   If so, it's really pretty.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@J Town Girl I found this pic by googling "bathrooms in blue and gray".

If the bath is dark, a large picture in a light color with a light matt would bounce the light.

I taught Interior Design.  Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Related image

This is such a beautiful bathroom.    Thank you so much for taking the time to post it.  The accessories are just gorgeous.   I love the mirrors and the lights above them.

Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman Thank you very much for all of your suggestions.   I will look into the the color "Misty Surf".   

Super Contributor

For the crown moulding and trim work consider Benjamin Moore's Simply White. It's crisp, a true white and would look wonderful with any of the colors suggested here. Your bathroom sounds cool! Hope you love what you choose.
Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I recently redid my master bath. I used Benjamin Moore Aura Bath & Spa paint in a color like what you have described: Ocean Air. White fixtures, painted the large double vanity a medium gray. The Aura product was more expensive but the excellent quality for a room exposed to water and moisture justified the upcharge. Light and neutral, a "watery" color. My room is pretty large, with no windows. I am pleased with this paint and color.

Good luck with your bathroom renovation and enjoy the end result!

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe how you redid your bath.   The more expensive paint isn't a problem because we always go with No Voc paint and it is always higher in price.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@ZoetheCat wrote:

We recently renovated our bathroom and I chose a color that my friend had used in her bathroom.  It is Benjamin Moore Gossamer Blue.  Nearly everyone who sees the bathroom comments on how pretty the color is.  It’s not very light but not dark either.  I love it!

D15CC91E-2FFA-4EB2-AC67-900D7698E210.jpeg

I showed your picture to my husband and he really liked that color.  We really like Benjamin Moore paint so that was a plus.  

Is that a picture of your own bath?   If so, it's really pretty.  

Yes it is my bathroom @J Town Girl .  Thank you!  I took the picture shortly after the renovation was done and realized afterwards that I probably should have removed the electric toothbrush.  I’d never make it as a professional photographer!

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

You might like this color:  Benjamin Moore Black Pepper, I just did 2 rooms in this color.

Black Pepper.jpg

Black Pepper 2.jpg

Thank you for your suggestion.  That color might be a little dark for our bathroom but I would like it for our office.   We get a lot of sun in that room and I think it would go really well with our office furniture.

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@J Town Girl   ... my brother just painted his family room using Benjamin Moore Silver Mist - #1619.   It is a very pretty pale blue grey.  If you go to Samplize dot com you can order 12 X 12 Benjamin Moore paint samples.  They give you a REALLY good idea of how the color will look when you hold them up to your walls.

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1942 2.jpg

That is such a pretty shade.   I think my husband would really like it because he's a fan of lighter shades rather than dark shades.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Just a wild idea:  Would a peach color, very light, be an option?  I'm thinking in the PNW where maybe it isn't as sunny a little warmth would be refreshing.  Then you could work in gray and some blue/aqua as an accent color. 

Actually my husband had that same idea.    Since that is what we painted our bedroom I wanted something different for the bath.  You are very right about the warmer colors being better in the PNW.   The peach shade just warms up our bedroom and on a sunny day it really gives you a good feeling when you enter the room.