Super Contributor

Re: I need help in choosing a wall color.

We recently renovated our bathroom and I chose a color that my friend had used in her bathroom.  It is Benjamin Moore Gossamer Blue.  Nearly everyone who sees the bathroom comments on how pretty the color is.  It’s not very light but not dark either.  I love it!

D15CC91E-2FFA-4EB2-AC67-900D7698E210.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Light aqua sounds like it fits the bill.  I'd go with white crown molding.  I have light aqua in the master bedroom and it goes with everything.

Honored Contributor

FYI Rule of thumb is the crown mouldings and ceilings should always be white. Get sample size containers for the colors you like for your walls. Try some on the walls and watch throughout the day to see how it looks in the light of the day/night. I went through tons of samples for the walls in my newly built home years ago. Believe me, colors change in during the different light of the day. Have fun!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might like this color:  Benjamin Moore Black Pepper, I just did 2 rooms in this color.

Black Pepper.jpg

Black Pepper 2.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl   ... my brother just painted his family room using Benjamin Moore Silver Mist - #1619.   It is a very pretty pale blue grey.  If you go to Samplize dot com you can order 12 X 12 Benjamin Moore paint samples.  They give you a REALLY good idea of how the color will look when you hold them up to your walls.

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1942 2.jpg

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl . Take a look on Houzz.com, they have actual pics that be very helpful as well for you.....It sounds really pretty though... 

Honored Contributor

Just a wild idea:  Would a peach color, very light, be an option?  I'm thinking in the PNW where maybe it isn't as sunny a little warmth would be refreshing.  Then you could work in gray and some blue/aqua as an accent color. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in the PNW too and will be re doing all my bathrooms as well as other rooms due to extensive tree damage----I'm going light and neutral everywhere; but may throw in a seaglass color, more green than blue, for the baths--don't want anything totally grey as thats the state color here for many months of the year and it makes me sad-----so thinking of griege---and adding a ton more light in every room too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think you need a blue with a gray undertone not green in order to use your grey towels. A dove grey or cloud blue might be where I would start. I'm in the middle of a DIY project and what I do is bring home a few paint strips from the store and tape them to the wall. I look at them at various times of the day to see how the color looks during the day, night, etc. Don't be worried if you have to make a few trips in order to check the colors. I found that if I have more than 3 strips it doesn't work as well to eliminate or select one for consideration. Hope this works for you.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've used October Mist from Benjamin Moore in all of my bathroom.  It's a perfect green, IMO.  It has a smokey undertone.

It's the perfect green - very soothing and spa-like.  It goes well with light or dark cabinets and flooring. 

I've also used Beach Glass.  It's a little more on the gray side with a hint of blue/green depending on the light.