Respected Contributor

Re: I need a step stool to do laundry!!

[ Edited ]

I'm 5' no inchess tall. Before I bought a washer, I went to 3 stores and looked for one I like and  could touch the bottom of - and found none. So I ordered a claw grabber the same day I ordered my washer. I can easily reach down and pull out socks and other small things and get stuck on the bottom. The thing even pulls bath towels out. If you have a top loading washer, get one.

If you keep using a stool. one day you're going to reach too far and need someone to pull you out. Smiley Wink

RMS 2-Pack 32 Inch Extra Long Grabber Reacher with Rotating Gripper - Mobility Aid Reaching Assist Tool, Trash Picker, Litter Pick Up, Garden Nabber, Arm Extension (Blue)

Honored Contributor

You all should have simply gotten a front load washer, walla, easy peasy to get laundry in and out. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

You all should have simply gotten a front load washer, walla, easy peasy to get laundry in and out. 

@ID2. I hope never to buy a front loader. Lots of problems. It’s Voila, not walla. It’s a French word.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Before you get a new fridge think about a bottom freezer and top fridge.  I bought a new fridge a couple of years ago, top freezer, and todays top freezers are not as big as they used to be. I can't find room for anythingSmiley Sad and I hate standing on my head to see what's in the fridge.

Honored Contributor

I have an HE front loader.  It gets clothes cleaner than anything I've ever owned, I will never go back to a top loader.  Since I did not buy the pedestals, occasionally I have to use a grab stick in the washer or dryer to get something from the back.  Because of the configuration of the plumbing the machines are switched and the washer and dryer doors are opened "backwards."  I could have had the installer change them but I just got used to the extra reaching.  This is what happens when you build a house while living in a different city.  No biggie.