Honored Contributor

I am in the market for a new sweeper....currently I have a Dyson with on board tools...it works well but a few weeks ago a plastic piece broke and now the  hose does not want to stay put when using the tool attachments.

Any recommendation for a new one....I prefer bagless and the tools MUST be on board.  We do have a dog, she does not shed a lot so I am not sure I need the pet hair option.

I have looked online, wow, there are a lot to choose from so I am hoping for suggestions, thanks!

Honored Contributor

"Get a Shark". I have a Golden Retriever and I just bought my second Shark. My older one is going into my garage for cleaning stuff out there. My advice is don't get the Shark with that red floor roller. Reviews are not that good.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Do you mean like the TVS? I'm not in the market for a new one but I like to watch them just in case.

Esteemed Contributor

Can't speak to a floor vac but I just bought my first SHARK ROCKET and I'm totally impressed.  Have 2 Dyson but a pain to use that long tube on-board for low jobs - cleaning cold air vents.  The ROCKET is sturdy - the attachments really fit well and don't fall off as you move about.  It had great reviews, so do the same for a floor brand.

Respected Contributor

I have a Dyson that weighs 16 pounds that just became to much for me to handle. So I just recently purchased a Roomba, Its the best thing since sliced bread.  I set it to run before I get out of bed, and only run it a few times each week,  if you have pets might need to run more often. Best purchase ever.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess....the TSV is not what I am looking for and I think the tools are not on board.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@OKPrincess....the TSV is not what I am looking for and I think the tools are not on board.

@Mom2Dogs I haven't seen the presentation just only on the home screen. I have two Dyson and a roomba. If my Dyson ever poops out I would look at the Shark.

Respected Contributor

I would buy the TSV, I want it so bad but I have the previous version of this, the one that does not bend, but this one is a winner I think because of the bend. I have 3 Shelties and 4 Parrots so I have a lot to clean up. The best thing about this one if the front roller picks up all the dog hair and seed, pellets, anything the birds throw around. Mine has that roller and it is great, mine just does not bend. Mine will not stand upright on its own but that is OK for the convenience of the vacuum. 

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I got the Shark Power Lift Navigator from QVC a few years ago.  It is the best vacuum I have ever owned.  My dyson hose came lose from the part that attaches to the unit and didn't want to spend all that money AGAIN for a dyson even though it was a good vacuum.  

The shark I bought has an adjustment to lower the suction - believe it or not, I have to do that or it would pull all the fibers out of my floor rugs.  

For me, I would never get another dyson, too expensive and better suction and easier to use the hand tools with the Shark.  

I have two dogs that shed and am very happy with my Shark Power LIft.

If QVC doesn't have it, I think they run about $299 from target. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

For the Shark Lift-Away vacuums, not sure if all of them do, there is an additional accessory that 'converts' it into a canister type that has wheels and a place to put a couple of hand tools. Some of these models are sold with this caddy but it can be purchased separately.